These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

How do I assign effects to FBV MKII board....
by eschmitty on 2011-07-06 14:14:23

I want to  assign effects to the buttons on the board. When I do it in mkII edit. It does the job but it is on when I select the patch. I want it in the off, so I can then select effect when needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx

Schmitty

RE: How do I assign effects to FBV MKII board....
by Line6david on 2011-07-06 16:33:45

Hi,

I see that you have a Spider Jam, Spider Valve MKII and the Toneport GX.

Are you trying to change the pedals functionality with one of the amps or are you experiencing an issue in Gearbox?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: How do I assign effects to FBV MKII board....
by eschmitty on 2011-07-08 08:00:12

The issue is that I cant figure out how to set an effect on a patch in the off position. I want to be able to turn on the tremolo effect in a song then turn it back off. When I save the effect it and select the patch it comes on automatically and then I have to turn it off. Make sense?

by Line6Don on 2011-07-08 11:33:24

Hey eschmitty,

What is the FBV Shortboard MKII connected to? Are you using it with an amp? If so what amp? or is it connected to the computer? If so what program are you trying to use it with?

Re: RE: How do I assign effects to FBV MKII board....
by eschmitty on 2011-07-11 06:29:29

its connected to SV 112 MKII tube amp. Im using the spidervalvle MKII edit software to edit patches. All i want to do is to set the tremelo effect on a patch, on the off position. So when I select the patch it doesnt come on until I hit the button. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

by Line6Don on 2011-07-15 11:18:19

Hey eschmitty,

All you will need to do to make sure that the tremelo is not on when you switch to the patch is turned it off within Spider Valve Edit before you send the preset back to your amp. Just make sure to have it set the way you would like it sound before you turn it off and send it to the amp. That way when the preset is loaded, the FX unit is off and you can simply press the "MOD" switch on your FBV Shortboard MKII and it will turn it on the tremelo.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.