These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 PRO - clicks and pops problem
by yard on 2009-05-01 09:52:09

Hello,

I have a question.

I've got POD X3 PRO, and use USB connection. Unfortunately during playback I hear clicks and pops.

I have read about this issue to other models POD, but I didn't find nothing for me.

I don't use USB hub - POD is connected directly to computer. There is USB1.1+2.0 turn on in BIOS.

OS is Windows XP (32 bit, SP3) on PC and computer has these components:

- nForce3 250Gb chipset on GA-K8NSC-939 mainboard,

- AMD X2 4200+,

- 3GB RAM

Can someone help me and write what I should do?

Regards.

Re: POD X3 PRO - clicks and pops problem
by Hey_Joe on 2009-05-01 11:03:05

This document may help.

I for one had the problem when I first started using Line6 products and their support told me that there was a chipset incompatibility between certain chipsets and the solution for me was the PCI USB card - cost me $10 and the problem was solved but this documents has other advice that may help also as well as what I just mentioned.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

by ricksox on 2009-05-01 11:58:06

There are several things you can try to eliminate clicks and pops.

1. Fill out your support profile at http://line6.com/account/supportProfile/

2. Ensure that you have tested all cables to make sure that they are not defective (USB, audio, etc.)

3. Ensure that you have all cables connections set up properly

4. Adjust the Buffer Slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel. (Windows Users: Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Audio-MIDI Devices; Mac Users: System Preferences/Other/Audio-MIDI Devices)

5. Adjust Sample Rates and Bit Depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel and ensure that the Sample Rates and Bit Depth settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel also match the project settings in your DAW/recording application

6. Ensure that you have the Line 6 device set up in your operating system as the main input/output device (sound card); disable internal sound card in your operating system’s Device Manager control panel

7. Ensure that your Line 6 USB Device is not connected to a powered USB hub; direct USB ports are required and please try ALL available direct USB ports during the troubleshooting process

8. Remove all non-essential USB peripherals from the computer (not the mouse or keyboard)

9. Disable any wireless cards on computer in Device Manager

10. Set Power Schemes on computer in Control Panel (PC Only) to Always On

11. There are also several other tips and optimizations you can make on your PC. Please refer to the following document for more information:

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06007213339477ea0690cb2a/application/pdf/GearBox%203.5%20and%20later%20Windows%20XP%20&%20Vista%20Audio%20Tips%20&%20Optimizations%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf

Please try all of the above first and let us know if you continue to have any more problems. Thanks!

Line6Miller

by yard on 2009-05-04 15:02:18

Hi,

first I would like to thanks for answers.

Follow sugestions I have done each one. I inserted new PCI USB 2.0 card with VIA chipset and the issue seems more bad.

POD has no logical connect - error number 10 appeared. It is very strange - is the PCI card a kind of hub?

Next, I checked each cable. It is simple because I use original USB cable inluded to POD, and headphones AKG 240MKII only.

Next, I set every option in Windows as Line6Miller wrote. POD is main input/output device (my old sound card has been removed).

Next, I adjusted the buffer, sample rates and bit depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel.

I didn't launch DAW/recording application because the problem is occuring in Windows - during playback in each application (ex. Winamp).

POD is connected directly - not through hub. POD is the one USB devices connected to computer.

I don't have wireless cards.

I use mouse and keyboard on PS2 adapter.

The issue is still occuring and I may say: "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

--

yard

by Hey_Joe on 2009-05-04 16:15:12

Is the X3P new? Can it be exchanged during a 30 day satisfaction warrantee to see if you have a bad unit?

Seems like you have bent over backwards to get it to work with your system and your specs look to be in excess of the basic requirements.

So many of us wouldn't be using them if they didn't work as a general rule of the thumb so I can't help but think there is some kind of hardware issue with this X3Pro

What do you think Mr. Miller?

Bad Pod?  --  Exchange for a diferent one if it's still new?

by AndyParedes on 2009-05-05 09:42:48

Hello,

Error code 10 is usually seen when trying to plug a USB 2 device into a USB 1.x port.  Try using a different computer with USB 2.0 ports installed internally to see if this fixes your situation.

POD X3 Series: Error 10 and Connecting to USB 1.x Port
http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4583

Line6Andy

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

by yard on 2009-05-11 14:03:15

Hi,

I tried different computer and there were no clicks and pops. I was looking for reason this situation and comparing computers.

After all I found answer. A power supply unit was a cause of the problem.

I write about it for others users. This case can help somebody in the future.

Once again I would like to thanks for help.

--

yard

by Hey_Joe on 2009-05-11 15:43:30

yard wrote:

Hi,

I tried different computer and there were no clicks and pops. I was looking for reason this situation and comparing computers.

After all I found answer. A power supply unit was a cause of the problem.

I write about it for others users. This case can help somebody in the future.

Once again I would like to thanks for help.

--

yard

I'm happy that you found a solution and can start enjoying all the best of your X3P now!

I would appreciate it if you could be more specific so I can use your situation to direct others to in the future.

Was the power supply to the Pod bad?

or

Was the power supply to the first computer causing the problem and how so?

Cheers,

Hey_Joe

by yard on 2009-05-12 15:36:33

A power supply unit (power pack) inside computer was a cause of the problem.

My computer had cheap power supply "Take me" and maybe each disruption to the electricity network was causing it?

I have changed this one with "Tagan" and cliks have disappeared.

by Hey_Joe on 2009-05-12 16:11:06

There have been so many causes for audio problems written about since I first joined this community 4 years ago when I bought my XTL, so I probably missed reading about this one - but I will keep it mind for advice the next time I read about someone who has exhausted the possibilities when tracking down the pops and clicks.

Thanks and I'm glad you are up and running now.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.