These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Longboard presets with a POD XT PRO
by Fieldly41 on 2011-07-07 19:08:07

Is it possible to customize the switches on your FBV to control whatever you would like?

For example, because there are two pedals on the board, one labeled as a Wah and one labeled as a Volume, could I take the pedal labeled for volume and have it control the Whammy effect instead?

Another example is there is the switch labeled as "Delay", even though it says delay on the metal housing, could I make that switch control another effect that I choose or is it stuck only controlling delay effects?

Second part of this question,

I have a GCX switching system controlling strictly analog pedals.

Is there some way to have either the FBV or the FBV in conjunction with a POD XT pro turn on and off the different loops on the switcher via MIDI?

Sorry if these exact questions have been answered millions of times but I can't seem to find the exact information that I am looking for.

Thank you for any information that you can give me.

RE: FBV Longboard presets with a POD XT PRO
by Line6Don on 2011-07-12 10:54:28

Hey Fieldly41,

You can change the function of the expression pedals by:

-Press the Edit button to the left of the LED.

-Spin the Select knob to the right until you reach the last page.

-This page will allow to configure how the expression pedals work. Make sure that either pedal 1 or pedal 2 is set to "TWK".

-Then adjust the tweak to be "stomp position"

-With the bender turned on, the expression pedal will now be a whammy pedal.

The labeled stomp pedals are not re assignable.

The POD XT will send out fixed program changes when you are changing presets. You would need to use a program like MIDI OX to decode the these program changes. Then use the information to reprogram the ground control to respond to these messages.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.