These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Switching w/ HD Edit = works. Switching w/ footswitch = no sound. Huh?
by anderson110 on 2011-07-08 22:15:47

I am confused.

This is on an HD500:

I set up a patch on 1C, and copied the patch to 1D, and edited it a little using the HD editor.

When I switch from patch 1C to 1D using the editor, it switches fine.

When I switch from patch 1C to 1D using the footswitch, the display shows it has switched to patch 1D, but there's no sound - everything is silent.

I can switch w/ the footswitches from 1A, 1B, 1C fine, and also to 2D and any <N>D using the footswitches as well.  It's only 1D which is having this problem.

What the heck could I be doing wrong?

RE: Switching w/ HD Edit = works. Switching w/ footswitch = no sound. Huh?
by Line6david on 2011-07-14 16:06:35

Hi,

This is a strange issue. Is the behavior only happening on this preset or multiple presets?

Does it happen in standalone mode or only when connected to the computer?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: Switching w/ HD Edit = works. Switching w/ footswitch = no sound. Huh?
by rcbeastly on 2011-07-17 00:07:43

I have the same problem which is why I came here today.

This is definitely a bug that Line 6 have to fix. Switching via HD edit works but when switching via the footswitches, it acts like it's a "New Tone", even though both the HD edit and the POD display show the correct preset.

I found I had to power down the the HD500 and switch it back on again to make it work properly.

It doesn't happen for every preset you edit - it seems to be random. I have had it happed to several presets with different amps.

And yes - I saved the presets both individually and in setlists but the problem still happens.

This is the only negative I have found with the HD500.

by PaulBateman on 2011-07-17 05:54:39

encountered the same issue.... the first user preset loses all sounds when working in edit... i closed edit and switched to the preset via FS5 and nothing...

had to re-open edit, switch to that preset, then close edit down.... all other presets were not affected... after powering down, the issue seems to have gone away..

by anderson110 on 2012-05-25 21:24:03

This is still not fixed!

I am having this issue again, right now.  It is manifesting a little differently, but I am nearly certain it is the same underlying bug.

Here's the symptom:

I copied a patch from 15C to 15D.

I raised the gain substantially on patch 15D, using the editor.  I send patch 15D to the floorboard using "Send Selected".  It sounds as I expect it to: more gainy.

Now, *on the floorboard*, I select 15C (which sounds normal), and *on the floorboard*, select 15D.  The sound I hear now is the copied sound, without the modification of the raised gain.  Huh?

If I select the patch using HD500 Edit (double clicking on 15D), I get the correct sound.

If I switch away using the floorboard and switch back to 15D using the floorboard, it is again the original, unmodified sound (which is incorrect.  I've "sent" the modified sound to the floorboard).

This is clearly a bug.

It gets even weirder, actually.  If I now hit "receive selected" on the editor, the sound now switches to the correct sound.  WTF!

Furthermore, if I am on 15D using the floorboard, and hearing the "old" sound, I can double click in the editor and get the "new" (correct) sound.  I can then hit 15D on the flooboard, and go back to the "old" sound.  Hitting "send selected" does not change this anomaly.  It does not matter whether I do "send selected" with the "old" sound or the "new" sound, either.

Last bit of data:  if I then power down, and repower up, it asks me if I want to reload all the presets, I say "no", then 15D has the correct, modified sound.  I can switch away and back using the floorboard, and always get the correct sound.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.