These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD studio GX - issues with drivers on Win7 64 bit
by maniakk on 2011-07-12 12:42:08

Hi,

I'm having serious issues with my POD Studio GX with newest drivers installed (4.2.4.4) on Windows 7 64 bit (with SP1).

I use the GX as my main sound card. The computer also has a second soundcard (integrated on the motherboard) but I don't use it at all.

The main problem is that after some time (usually about 30 minutes after the computer boots) the sound stops and any software using sound hangs. After I reboot my system everything works fine again. The other problem is that sometimes the sounds get cracked for like a second or two (but then it works properly again).

I had no such problems with Windows XP on the same machine. After I upgraded the system to Win7 my POD Studio GX is almost unusable.

I read about some driver problems with Win7 64bit. Is this finally resolved? If so, how can I fix it? This issue is REALLY serious as it makes the product practically unusable.

RE: POD studio GX - issues with drivers on Win7 64 bit
by Line6david on 2011-07-13 14:07:25

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Then try the optimizations in our USB Troubleshooting Guide:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.