These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Problem with UX2 (or Laptop?)
by KRawk4 on 2011-07-16 22:15:13

Okay so about 2, maybe 3 weeks ago i bought a UX2 and ever since i got it ive been trying to get a decent recording, however

What i noticed was that there was something wrong with the sound. It sounds very muddy and digital and all around bad. I know that the problem is not that i simply could not dial in a good tone in POD farm or something like that because i have also tried using free amp sim VSTs with cab impulses and they both produce the same effect.

I've tried doing everything i can to fix it, ive tried useing some EQ, compressors, you name it, and ive tried it to improve the sound but it all fails.

I did one last final test and recorded a plain dry signal and it still produced the same effect so i came to the conclusion that it could be 1 of 2 things...

either A. i got a faulty UX2, or B. the usb ports in my laptop are crappy.

Now i've commonly heard that laptops have crappy usb ports and that a common way to fix it would be to just buy a external usb hub. if this is the problem i'll have no problem buying one, but if the problem is my UX2 then im definately going to have to exchange it for a new one.

A few things though...

The problem is not my instrument cable because i just bought a new one the day i got my UX2 and i have also tried using my old cable.

My guitar/pickup(s) is/are also not the problem as ive never had problems with it before and i also have another guitar which still emulates the same problem

So what should i do?

RE: Problem with UX2 (or Laptop?)
by Line6Don on 2011-07-22 14:42:17

Hey KRawk4,

As per our phone conversation a couple days ago, I personally thought you were getting a pretty killer heavy tone, that was not over driven so the notes were still clear but it had a nice edgy bite to it as well.

From what I remember, you are also playing a seven string guitar. The pickups on these guitars have a lot of additional bass response to be able to reproduce the low B string. Withing POD Farm you might want to start of the signal chain with a EQ that cuts some of the bass. I would then recommend running a compressor before the amp as well to help tighten it up. You can then use a EQ after the amp to add some treble as well.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.