These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Cannot Updated Flash Memory on POD XT
by sketterman on 2011-07-17 16:29:56

Hello,

I only recently found out about Line 6 Edit, and am now in the process of using it. I have downloaded and installed Monkey, as well as L6 Edit. I created this account, and registered my POD XT.

** I have included a screen capture to help with these issues ***

When I opened up Monkey, I went ahead and downloaded the drivers, and then I updated the USB firmware. Now, when I try to update the Flash Memory, I do not have the ability to update it. When I highlight the Flash Memory option in Monkey, the "Update Selection" box is greyed out, and there is a ? to the left of "Flash Memory".

Also, when I run Line6 Edit, I only get a "Midi Devices" dialogue box, which shows my PODxt along with a giant yellow ?. If I click "OK", this box disappears and immediately re-appears. Clicking the "add" button only gives me the option to add a MIDI device (I am using USB), and clicking refresh will bring up the same thing.

I tried powering down my machine, reinstalling the software, and various different "startup procedures" (ie, turn on the POD first, then open Line6 edit / Open Line 6 edit first, then turn on the POD) and nothing seems to work.

The image is attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Shaun

Re: Cannot Updated Flash Memory on POD XT
by sketterman on 2011-07-17 16:31:11
Forgot to include that I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64, SP1 installed.

by TheRealZap on 2011-07-17 16:33:14

try a different usb port, this should re-initialize the driver.

by sketterman on 2011-07-17 16:42:43

That's another step I attempted but forgot to mention.  I tried 4 different ports with no luck (these ports normally are used for my wireless mouse, an external hard drive, an iPod, and a magicjack).

I'm wondering if it's a driver issue with my version of Windows? Or maybe the POD itself. I bought it used, and I don't know how many people had it before me.

by TheRealZap on 2011-07-17 16:45:15

shouldn't matter that it's used, seeing as how it worked at one time or you wouldn't have got the firmware updates....

try uninstalling the drivers, and then downloading JUST the drivers and re-installing them, outside of monkey

http://line6.com/software/

by sketterman on 2011-07-17 16:59:14
still no luck. I noticed you can download the flash memory from that same link, but I don't know how to use it. In any case, I've got an HD Bean on order anyway, I was just trying to see what this was all about. I'll just have to give it a shot when the new one gets here.

by Anse on 2011-07-18 04:21:00

I very recently experienced the same problem.This was solved by an uninstall of Line 6 Edit ,clean up of the registry (I use a freeware program called Crap Cleaner) and then a reinstall.

I still have problems with digital artifacts (like a strange language in the background of the forum screens) and also Line 6 Edit and Gearbox crashing when rearranging and transferring tones.

I am able to use my XT just fine,seems to be a Windows 64 bit issue.

If I recall correctly you must recieve a support ticket for direct help from Line 6,and I wouldnt hold my breath.Try cleaning your registry with one of the free programs available.Hope I was of assistance.

by TheRealZap on 2011-07-18 09:58:41

to use the downloaded firmwre file you would select the firmware in monkey and click the flash from file button...

won't work though if your computer isn't seeing the XT....

i think you'll like the pod HD, should work with the same floorboard as the xt if you have one...

or maybe you could sell your xt after you get it for floorboard money!

RE: Cannot Updated Flash Memory on POD XT
by Line6Hugo on 2011-07-22 16:25:58

sketterman,

I suggest putting the PODxt into SAFE MODE, then, attempt to re-install or update the flash memory on the PODxt.

This can be done by holding the first of the 4 soft black buttons under the LCD screen (leftmost) as you power on the PODxt. The display should read SAFE MODE.

Once in this mode, connect to Line 6 Monkey and check to see if you can update or re-install the flash memory.

If the problem persist, I suggest trying on a different computer to isolate the problem.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.