These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

How to solder any electret capsule to the TA4F connector of XD-V70L?
by Wil_Riker on 2011-07-21 05:01:42

Hello,

I just registered for the following question that cannot be answered completely with the FAQ: How do I have to solder a standard electret capsule to the TA4F mini XLR connector, so that the the microphone is powered by the beltpack transmitter of the Line 6 XD-V70L system?

I know the pinout from the FAQ (1 shield, 2 V+, 3 signal, 4 Z) but how to connect the shield and signal wires of the capsule to the pins?

Shield on 1, signal on 3 with bridge to 4 is obvious - but do I have to connect/bridge any of the other pins (e. g. 2 to 3)?

Thanks, with kind regards,

Wil Riker

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a native German speaker :-o

Re: How to solder any electret capsule to the TA4F connector of XD-V70L?
by dboomer on 2011-07-21 09:48:29

Hello Number 1

Does your mic have only a signal wire and a ground?  Usually there are two wires and a ground.

In this case you will need to add a pull-up resistor and a cap to bloc the DC.  This will require some experimentation to get the best component values.  Does the mic manufacturer have a wiring scheme suitable foir connecting the Shure brand wireless?  Ours would be the same.

Add the pull up resistor (10k is probably a reasonable starting value) from pin 2 to the hot wire in your mic.  Short pins 3&4 together and add a cap (10 uF is a good start) between them and the hot wire of the mic.  Connect the ground wire to pin 1.

by Wil_Riker on 2011-07-21 10:06:31

Hello dboomer,

it is a standard electret capsule with only one signal wire plus ground/shield. I successfully got those capsules working with Sennheiser- (signal = tip, ground = shaft), AKG- (TA3F: ground = 1, signal = 2+3) and Beyerdynamic- (TA4F: ground =  1, signal = 2, 3+4 bridged) bodypacks without using any resistors or capacitors. Probably there's a quite similar easy way to match the capsule to the XD-V70L bodypack?

Regards,

Wil Riker

by Wil_Riker on 2011-07-24 01:01:15

Any other ideas or does it really only work with additional capacitor/resistor?

by boswell2007 on 2011-07-24 05:44:56

You can probably get away without the capacitor, try it and see.

I just use a 2k2 1/8w  and standard Sure connections

by Wil_Riker on 2011-07-24 23:37:23

Hi boswell2007,

that means: 1 = ground, 2 = resistor = signal, 3+4 = bridge

Or do I need an additional connection between signal and one of the other pins instead of the capacitor from dboomer's scheme?

Thanks,

Wil Riker

by boswell2007 on 2011-07-25 07:35:06

electret mic Line 6.jpg

by Wil_Riker on 2011-07-25 08:08:05

Hello again,

thanks, I'll try it with the second scheme...

Regards,

Wil Riker

by Wil_Riker on 2011-08-31 02:39:41

Hello guys,

I'm back to report that boswell2007's second scheme works fine with my eletret headset. I used a 3k3 resistor because I didn't have 2k2 .

Thanks for your support .

Number 1

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.