These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm 2 crashes on exit
by Meteoroz on 2011-07-23 19:35:16

I have the latest version of Pod Farm 2 (2.5.1), updated using the Line 6 Monkey, which I use with a UX1 usb audio interface.

Recently, Pod Farm started crashing when closing down the program, and this takes out the audio with it, meaning that I can't get any audio whatsoever to play through the UX1.

The only reason I ever have to use Pod Farm these days is because I have a Roland Handsonic plugged into the instrument input of the UX1, and it can't be heard unless I start Pod Farm (which is always set up to allow input through the 'Instrument' input). Once I start Pod Farm, I the audio comes through the UX1, and I used to be able to shut it down with the audio from the Handsonic continuing to be heard after exiting Pod Farm.

This behaviour is really annoying because I have reboot the computer to get audio working again.

Can you suggest a fix?

Thanks

Re: Pod Farm 2 crashes on exit
by mcolquitt on 2011-07-24 22:28:46

Same thing happens to me when using my GX

by Meteoroz on 2011-07-27 18:03:16

Could someone from Line 6 please respond?

RE: Pod Farm 2 crashes on exit
by Line6Don on 2011-07-28 10:26:32

Hey Meteoroz,

You will need to launch POD Farm, GearBox, or some sort of DAW program so that the UX1 will load its ASIO Audio Drivers to be able to allow the input and output of audio.

Re: RE: Pod Farm 2 crashes on exit
by mcolquitt on 2011-07-28 22:55:18

Don ...mine works fine whenever I need it but when I am finished and close down the pod it opens a "Podfarm Crashed" window....

by Meteoroz on 2011-07-31 19:20:49

Don,

I personally think this is something to do with a recent update. Pod Farm never used to do this in the past.

Could you get back to us with at least some suggestions on either a fix or diagnostic procedures that would help resolve the problem?

Thanks

by Line6Don on 2011-08-01 13:44:36

Hey Meteoroz,

I just re-tested this using the latest Windows drivers 4.2.4.4 and POD Farm 2.51. Under the latest drivers, you will need to load either POD Farm, GearBox, or a DAW or some kind to activate the ASIO drivers. With the drivers active, you can receive input and via the UX1. If you close any of these applications you will loose the input.

Make sure that your UX1, is assigned as your primary input and out device for audio as well. To do so, load the "sound and audio devices" menu from the control panel and configure the sound and voice options to ASIO UX1. This will ensure that your computer's system audio will be output of the UX1.

by Meteoroz on 2011-08-01 15:23:32

Hi Don,

I think you've posted this answer to the wrong thread?

by Line6Don on 2011-08-04 14:40:22

Hey Meteoroz,

I didn't post my response in the wrong thread.

My post above described the expected behavior of our current drivers. As I stated above, you will need to have an audio application open to be able to receive input and pass it to the outputs from the UX1.

by Meteoroz on 2011-08-04 16:13:40

Don,

I thought this thread was about Pod Farm crashing on exit, therefore stating that you have to have Pod Farm open to activate the drivers seems a strange response, don't you think?

Pod Farm is open, and when I close it, it crashes, every time. I've tried reinstalling, updating drivers etc. Problem still exists.

Since my original post, I've replaced the UX1 with a Novation Nio, and Pod Farm won't accept the ASIO drivers for that - I thought you'd posted here to that thread by mistake.

By the way, I do get that I'd need Pod Farm (or some other DAW) open to receive input via the UX1, but my main concern was the crashing issue.

by Kneehow on 2011-08-05 09:49:34

Can you setup Dr. Watson on your XP/SP2 computer to log the next crash upon exit from POD Farm 2? Follow the instructions on this page: http://janakiram.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/getting-a-useful-crash-log-in-windows-xp/

Once you've logged the crash, please attach it to your next response so we can forward it to the test department for review. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.