These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV channel problem
by rayjaycleoful on 2011-07-25 04:05:05

okay so i have a spider IV 15.i wanted to know if it is normal for the settings to change when i switch channels.for example if i have the drive,bass,mid and treble turned up about halfway and the channel volume till about 3, (or any other setting) and i change to one of the other three channels then my drive,bass,mid,treble and channel vol get turned up to full! And then to get the settings the knobs are actually turned up to i have to turn them up or down a bit and then bring it back to the position i want it at to get that sound!!!        

PS-This happens when i switch on the amp and i switch to normal after using the tuner too.The drive,bass,mid,treble and channel vol are at full whether the knob is actually turned up to full or not !!!                         

Is this normal?

Re: Spider IV channel problem
by rayjaycleoful on 2011-07-26 03:04:13

The default settings of the drive,bass,mid,treble and channel vol are  full on all the channels irrespective of the position of the knobs!Also when i select the clean channel the delay is full!                     

Somebody please help

Re: RE: Spider IV channel problem
by Line6david on 2011-07-29 11:30:15

Hello

yes this is normal, what you hear are the factory presets. To replace any preset with your own tone, press and hold one of these four buttons for two seconds. The light fashes when the save is complete.

Also, when you select an Amp Model, Spider IV automatically sets its tone

controls and effects to match the Amp Model. You can disable the auto-

FX selection (but not the tone control auto-selection) by powering up

with the Insane Channel button held. The auto-selection is re-enabled

next time you power up.

If you wish to go back to factory presets, just by holding the Clean Channel button down on power up.

Originally from: Line6Bakker

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.