These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live - pops and clicks
by Guitarplaya147 on 2011-07-26 18:22:30

I get pops and clicks coming through my headphones while I play and on the recordings when using Riffworks on my computer.  Please help.

If this problem is permanent, does anyone know if I can make recordings off the POD X3 Live without a computer? Like some other recording device maybe? I just want to record somehow.

RE: POD X3 Live - pops and clicks
by Line6Don on 2011-08-02 10:44:56

Hey Guitarplaya147,

It is possible to use a additional audio interface to record your POD X3 Live. You will still be using a computer to record the audio, although you will be connecting either the 1/4" or XLR outputs to the inputs on the audio interface. The audio interface would then be connected via USB/firewire.

The other option is to record onto a stand alone tape mixer/or digital mixer workstation that does not use a computer what so ever and writes to internal memory.

Re: POD X3 Live - pops and clicks
by Line6david on 2011-08-05 10:40:51

Hello,

It has been at least 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

by guitarfreak2105 on 2011-08-11 02:40:23

I am sorry to say that Line6Don is wrong. There is an actual solution so you can use your POD as an interface and not have to use the XLR or 1/4 outputs to ANOTHER interface. This is a firmware issue, and I had the EXACT same problem. It didn't matter what  DAW I used it still clicked and popped. I am 99% sure my solution will fix it.

Plug your POD in and open Monkey. Back up all of your presets and restore the firmware with the newest firmware. There is an option to do that somewhere. Don't just update, restore as well. Just updating will not fix your problem. Once you restore, restore all of your presets. Wala! Your problem SHOULD be fixed!

by Guitarplaya147 on 2011-08-11 09:56:14

thanks for the suggestion, but It didn't work in my case.  I still need to take my POD to a service center so they can try to fix it.  But given the horrible technical support I've been given from these Line 6 "experts" my confidence is not very high for finding a resolution.  In that case, I will not hesitate to ebay this piece of junk and never buy another Line 6 product EVER again.  And I'll make certain that every person I meet knows exactly how awful Line 6 products are for computer compatiblility and technical support.  The best part is that they just assume the correct answer when the issues are clearly unresolved.  This forum is the worst form of customer service I've ever experienced, hands down.  So I hope it actually is a hardware issue, because that is the only saving grace I have for this nightmare of troubleshooting I've been through.  Here is the nightmare I'm talking about http://line6.com/support/message/302787#302787

by guitarfreak2105 on 2011-08-11 16:56:25

Well, you can't be mad at them for not knowing exactly what is wrong. You may just have a faulty unit that cannot be fixed. It is an electronic and electronics fail rates when new are between 5 and 7%. And eventually everything breaks or stops working. Give it another chance, you wont be sorry.

Also, try upgrading to Windows 7. Vista is by far the worst operating system Microsoft has EVER realeased, and is known to have compatibility issues with all sorts of hardware, not just Line6 products. Basically this is not Line6's fault. Other than the fact that this forum support is the only kind of support that they offer. I think they should also offer phone support, but then they would be getting all kinds of stupid questions all day.

Cheers

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.