These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Extremely annoying problem - Pod X3 and Pod Farm 2
by gunwizard on 2011-07-27 13:01:03

Hey,

This problem has been occurring for about 2 months now and i haven't been able to fix it.

I am running Pod Farm 2 as a VST in Reaper, with a POD X3 aswell.

When i create a tone in pod farm i can hear the clean sound of the guitar as well as the distorted sound from pod farm which has made me think this clean sound is coming from the POD X3.

Anyone know how to disable the clean tone so i can just hear Pod Farm?

RE: Extremely annoying problem - Pod X3 and Pod Farm 2
by Line6Don on 2011-08-02 11:03:36

Hey gunwizard,

How are you connecting your POD X3 to the computer, via USB? or are you connecting it through another audio interface? What output mode are you using on the POD X3? Are you using the ASIO POD X3 driver? How many tracks did you create within Reaper? What are the inputs of these tracks assigned to? Are you using a dual tone within POD Farm? How are you monitoring this setup? What are you connecting your output to?

Please try and provide as much information about the steps taken to set this up, including screens shots if applicable.

In addition can you please make sure to fill out your support profile to give us more information about your computer, you may do so at the link below:

http://line6.com/account/supportProfile/

Thank you.

Re: Extremely annoying problem - Pod X3 and Pod Farm 2
by TheRealZap on 2011-08-02 11:15:33

on the track in reaper there is a monitor button that is likely set to "auto"

if you are using the VST you WANT it to record the dry unaffected sound and NOT the distorted sound... so that you can adjust it later...

however... you also WANT to hear the distorted sound and not the dry sound when recording...

turning off the monitoring in reaper should do just this...

i believe it is a small speaker like icon on the bottom left of the track in reaper that you need to toggle.

by Line6david on 2011-08-05 08:41:34

Hello,

It has been at least 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

by guitarfreak2105 on 2011-08-11 02:47:29

Correct me if I am wrong but POD Farm as a plugin will not act as an amp emulator. Usually when using the VST, you record your clean uncompressed signal then use POD Farm to re-amp. Also TheRealZap sounds correct as well.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.