These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Best four factory patches for gig on Friday night
by JonathanAnon on 2011-07-27 13:15:55

Hi lads,

I was using a GT8 for effects but it's not working out.. I'm collecting an FBV pedal tomorrow and gonna go all Line 6 on Friday night..

So I need four basic patches to get me through the night.. Clean, Clean Blues, Rock Blues, Solo... Right now I'm using either Bed Of Roses or Cliffs Of Dover for solos, and That's Alright for Blues Clean... but I'm having trouble with a good generic clean sound and Rock Blues..

I dont have a lot of time to go through all the patches thoroughly.. Anyboy give me any help?

thanks.

J

Re: Best four factory patches for gig on Friday night
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-07-27 14:05:56

For a good no nonsense gutsy rock tone, Back in Black is pretty neat.  Hotel Cali can be the basis of quite a nice clean rock sound.  Cliffs of Dover makes a great solo sound - imagine those three on a song like 747 Strangers in the Night where you have a searing solo followed by power chords and then the chorus which needs to be clean and chorussy and of course you can set them up with various FX in the ON or OFF position.

What about Tush for your Rock Blues tone.?  You can't get much more rock/blues than ZZ Top LOL

Nick

Re: Best four factory patches for gig on Friday night
by JonathanAnon on 2011-08-03 13:37:51

Thanks for that Nick... Okay, here's where I am...

A (Clean): Homesick .. minus some of the delay

B (Blues Rock): Back In Black .. havent changed it, seems good enough as is.

C (General Rock): Here I Go Again ... minus some of the effects.. and with less Bass

D (Solo): Cliffs Of Dovers ... Again removed some of the effects and Bass..

Anybody got a better clean for songs like Price Tag, Billionaire... Anybody else got any opinions.. ?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.