These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD Pod Desktop Vocal Effects
by Finewest on 2011-07-28 12:33:12

Got my new HD Pod Desktop and loving it! I do have a question (or 300) about the Pod's vocal effects presets. I can't find any info on those in the manual and on the LIne 6 website. Any info on these effects? Would really like to use them for vocals. Thanks!

Re: HD Pod Desktop Vocal Effects
by Bluestone on 2011-07-28 13:31:17

Hi..

I have the HD 500..not the Desk Top..but I'm pretty sure there are no actual presets dedicated to vocals..( like on the X3)....but that doesn't mean you cannot use the HD's for great vocal processing...

There are a few videos that show the HD being used with a mic...and several users here on the forum use it as well...I wish I could direct you to a specific link..but I don't have anything on hand..I'll do some looking around..but in the meanwhile..I'm sure that others will have some great ideas...

For sure there is plenty of mic gain for vocals...

The HD bean's Dual Tone setlist features some very useful bass, acoustic guitar, and vocal presets that use the HD models.

OM

by Finewest on 2011-07-28 13:51:22

Thanks OM... I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of vocal effects presets in the bank where the acoustic modeling is... and I think I haven't seen any info on those either? I'll look up the presets exactly... hang on....  ok... they in the Preset list for bass/aco/voc. Starting at 9a and on (after the acoustic guitar modeling effects) they are label as vocal effects... such as; lead vocal... crazy vocal... reverb vocal... so forth... check them out and let me know! LOL! Thanks!

by Bluestone on 2011-07-28 13:57:02

Cool..looks like there's a lot there to get started...

OM

by ricksox on 2011-07-29 09:49:05

Finewest wrote:

Got my new HD Pod Desktop and loving it! I do have a question (or 300) about the Pod's vocal effects presets. I can't find any info on those in the manual and on the LIne 6 website. Any info on these effects? Would really like to use them for vocals. Thanks!

What kind of info are you looking for exactly? We don't normally post detailed information on the presets we load into our PODs at the factory. They're just there to try out and tweak.

by TheRealZap on 2011-07-29 10:26:00

i would also note that the vocal presets are expirimental in some cases, as there are no specific vocal only models at this time... the vocal presets are creative and fun though

RE: HD Pod Desktop Vocal Effects
by Line6Hugo on 2011-08-02 17:31:15

As mentioned, there really isn't any info on the presets of the POD HD. Just plug in a Mic into the XLR input and give them a try. If you feel the need to adjust them, tweak away to your heart's desire.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Finewest on 2011-08-02 18:16:07

OK... I get it now... Yep... I'll just go in blind and use Line 6 created "vocal" effects pre-sets (done for "fun") and play around. I guess asking Line 6 for info on a product Line 6 makes is asking too much. LOL. Oh oh... did that sound sarcastic? No way! Listen... I love this Pod! I sold my Line 6 Spider IV 75w combo to get this puppy and I have really been digging it. I will try the "ghost-I-don't-know-where-they-came-from" presets and have a good time! Thanks guys!

by TheRealZap on 2011-08-02 18:26:01

despite the lack of detail... there really isn't anything to tell... pull up the tone... view components...

i don't think any of them were meant to emulate anything but good tone

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.