These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Clip light flashes..but I dont hear it. Should I be concerned?
by ericrawr on 2011-07-30 20:29:31

I used my POD X3 to dial in a djent tone with my new BareKnuckle Painkiller bridge pickup. I dialed in the djent tone and got the sound I have been looking for, but unfortunately everytime I palm mute or chug the clip indicator lights up. It does not do this when I'm riffing though. The light comes on specifically when I palm mute chords of any sort. Luckily I don't hear any clipping during recording. I tried lowering my tone volume and even at its lowest point no progress was made. There are no switches on my pod to handle hot pups either, so I'm out of ideas on how to reduce the clipping without throwing away the tone..I am using the Line 6 Big Bottom with the 4x12 1996 Brit Celestes V-30s. Should I be concerned that the clipping light will be going berserk whenever I'm jamming with the tone? Could it prove to be harmful down the line?

Here is an audio sample.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36810809/DUHjent.wav

Isthere clipping, but I'm not hearing it?

Re: Clip light flashes..but I dont hear it. Should I be concerned?
by ericrawr on 2011-07-30 20:47:18

Update: I just experimented with the rest of my distortions and it seems that I am having this problem with all my high gain tones.. The tones sound the way I want them to sound, but the chords make the clip signal go off. I think its safe to assume its the pickup. Back to the question though, will allowing the pod to clip from here on out bring about any consquences? The sound is unaffected to my ears, so I see no point in putting forth effort to fix this unless there is something I should be warned about.

Re: Clip light flashes..but I dont hear it. Should I be concerned?
by bcrichboy08 on 2011-08-08 07:15:00

first and foremost djent is the way to go!!, secondly turn on the pad switch but no need for concern, also try decrease db in place of volume or direct monitor volume. 2

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.