These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

pod xt live phones into PA system
by darkkillity on 2011-07-31 13:51:50

Hi,

i had issues with pod xt live to PA since i bought 2 Behringer loudspeakers, i couldn't get the sound right connecting R/L line out straight to the PA because the sound is not responsive and doesn't sound good even when i was trying to tweak the patches to get it right.

but since i connected it from the phones jack to mini mixer of Behringer the sound was great just like when listening on the headphones and even better. very responsive and fuller sound. i believe its because R/L output are unbalanced and phones jack is stereo which means its balaced if im right.

my question: its safe to connect it phones to mixer or phones straight to PA?

thanks.

RE: pod xt live phones into PA system
by Line6david on 2011-08-02 15:35:33

Hi,

Running the Phones Out into your PA should not damage your console. However, I think the issue you are having with the channel on your PA not sounding dynamic enough is a signal flow issue.

If using the unbalanced outs, into a stereo line input make sure the POD XT is set to Line and not Amp level.

This is likely the reason for the output sounding muddy.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: pod xt live phones into PA system
by darkkillity on 2011-08-02 20:01:59

thanks David

i did set it to Line but didn't sound as good as the Phones Out, will it sounds better if i use balanced cables on R/L Out?

by Line6david on 2011-08-05 08:49:16

Hi,

The L/R Outputs are unbalanced so plugging in a TRS cable would make no difference. I did think of someting else though. How long are the cable runs you are using? If you are running unbalanced over a long distance this could lead to a weak signal.

Thanks,

David

by darkkillity on 2011-08-06 18:45:34

im using 1.5m cables, i will try different cables until i get the right signal.

thanks for your help David i really appreciate it

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.