These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No authorized device connected... WHAT!? (POD Farm VST plugin problem).
by JamesFleuriot on 2011-08-02 05:58:49

Okay so for a while now I have been using POD Farm as a plugin in Cubase 5 with my TonePort UX2 without any problems. Then yesterday I went on Line 6 Monkey and it asked me to update the drivers, which I did. But then when I went back on Cubase to record and it came up with the following messgae when I accesed the plugin:

'NO AUTHORIZED DEVICE. A required device is either not authorized or not connected. POD Farm's GUI will operate during this session, but the plugin will not process audio. Please connect you iLok or Line 6 hardware and restart the application.'

However POD Farm still works fine in standalone mode. I have tried system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers/software, downloading older versions of the driver and basically everything I could think of but nothing works. It just doesn't make any sense. At the moment I have all the latest software/drivers installed and have my device authorized so I just don't get what the problem is. My TonePort is also the older 'red-faced' one if that makes any difference.

A quick response from the Line 6 support would be highly appreciated, I really need to get this sorted soon so I can carry on with my life!

P.S. I have already viewed similar threads none of which have been any help to me either because their problem is slightly different or the problem hasn't been resolved.

Re: No authorized device connected... WHAT!? (POD Farm VST plugin problem).
by TheRealZap on 2011-08-02 06:59:38

have you actually bought the pod farm plugin? it was not included with the redface ones... only the blackface one's (pod studios, not toneports) come with the license...

still seems odd that it used to work and now doesn't...

by JamesFleuriot on 2011-08-02 11:42:47

No I haven't actually bought it, all I know is I downloaded it free and have been using it to record with successfully the last few months... I don't get how it makes sense that only the blackface ones come with the license , they both cost roughly the same amount when they were released so shouldn''t we get the same software?

by TheRealZap on 2011-08-02 13:17:31

they don't cost  the same... and i believe that the toneports are technically discontinued.

the pod studio comes with the plugin, ableton live, and reason adapted... not to mention pod farm 2 standalone and plugin.

no idea why it worked before, and maybe it should if you got a promo license or something before...

support will have to look and see for you.

RE: No authorized device connected... WHAT!? (POD Farm VST plugin problem).
by Line6Don on 2011-08-04 08:50:12

Hey JamesFleuriot,

After reviewing your account information, it appears as though you purchased the TonePort UX2 second hand. When you updated Line 6 Monkey and the drivers it looks as though your reauthorized your devices.

Just as TheRealZap mentioned, the TonePort UX2's did not include a POD Farm license. The previous owner of the your TonePort UX2 had purchased the POD Farm 1 license and installed it into the TonePort UX2. When you authorized the device to your account, it review what software you have purchased and since you did not purchase the POD Farm 1 license, it was removed.

If you would like to continue to use this license, you will need to contact the person from which you purchased this TonePort UX2 and request that he gifts the license to your Line 6 User Account.

He may do so by logging into his Line 6 User Account, go into the purchase history, the order details for the license purchase, and he can transfer the license to your account.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.