These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

All I wanna do is turn the wah on and off!
by orbital on 2011-08-02 12:12:04

Brand new POD HD (Black desktop model). FBV Express. I only bought the thing so I could access some wahs for recording. I don't need it for live.

The wahs sound great. Trouble is, when I tilt forward and "click" the wah off, the FBV switches to volume pedal and leaves the wah on (wide open in it's last position).

Something I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Re: RE: All I wanna do is turn the wah on and off!
by Kneehow on 2011-08-03 11:32:18

The Wah needs to be set the the inverse "state" as the Volume.  In other words, if you're looking at the device icons display, when the Volume icon is not shaded it will be "on" but if the Wah is also not shaded it too is on. To inverse the state of bypass (shaded), put the arrow over the Wah and press "Enter" to bypass while the FBV is in "Vol" control state.

Save the program on your POD HD. Did this help?

Re: RE: All I wanna do is turn the wah on and off!
by orbital on 2011-08-04 00:14:47

Thanks for your help, Perry - I'm afraid I tried your suggestion and I still can't simply turn the wah on or off.

It seems that I can't "teach" the preset to bypass/engage. I bypassed the wah while in VOL control state. It switches me from WAH to VOL control simply enough, but the wah can't be turned on or off.

RE: All I wanna do is turn the wah on and off!
by Line6Don on 2011-08-08 10:18:00

Hey orbital,

For each preset that you would like to use the WAH on please try the following configurations:

-Add the Wah model you would like to use.

-Select the Wah's FX block within the signal flow view.

-Press and hold the "Enter" button, this should engage FS assign view.

-Use the first encoder knob to assign the wah to "EXP Toe Switch".

-Press the View button once you are done to exit.

-With the Wah FX block still selected, double press the Move button to enter the controller assign. Assign it to EXP 2 then back to EXP1.

This should allow to use the expression pedal as the wah and click it down to turn it off.

If you set it up for EXP 2, you can click on the wah to engage and disengage it.

Re: All I wanna do is turn the wah on and off!
by killaken2000 on 2011-08-12 18:58:04

thanks line6don that helped me a bunch also

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.