These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No Sound POD STUDIO GX
by DMCAREE on 2011-08-04 02:25:23

Hi All,

I know there are countless discussions on sound but the ones i've read don't seem to be working for me. Firstly i am a complete novice when it comes to this stuff but i bought the POD Studio GX model yesterday, loaded up the software and can't get sound out through my speakers. I've followed the correct set up on the cd, in fact installed version 2.51 and loaded line monkey. I have the usb cable plugged into the pc and also an audio cable going from the POD Studio GX model to the PC. Then the onle cable going from my PC to the external monitor is a HDMI cable.

Could this be the problem?

Its windows 7 i have and i honestly thought it would be as simple as plugging the guitar into the POD Studion GX device and i would be playing tunes last night......but four hours later and more grey hairs for me it hasn't worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: No Sound POD STUDIO GX
by DMCAREE on 2011-08-05 03:17:41

Can i reply to my own post? I got the pod studio gx working last night based on the information i got through the discussion groups. The internal speakers on the pc won't work for the gx so you will definately have to put the line out cable into some powered speakers (also make sure the pod farm studio is correctly set up). This worked for me so too did the wireless headphones which i alternated between the speaker line out and the line out for the wireless aerial. I am mulling over buying the extra platinum version amps, stomp boxes etc as i've already seen enough of this product in action to believe that it is brilliant. I have spent a small fortune on amps and pedal devices and can't get the sound/tone i was looking for until i tried the gx last night.

Small question: Does anyone have recommended settings that i can save for blues and rockabilly. thanks a mil

Re: No Sound POD STUDIO GX
by TheRealZap on 2011-08-05 03:51:09

there are literally thousands of tones to be had here: http://customtone.com

youhave to consider them a starting point though... being that tone is subjective, some things that sound great to others may not sound all that great to you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.