These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Using POD HD with Peavey ReValver?
by daddyjaxon on 2011-08-04 18:23:12

Whatup fellas:

I have a POD HD Desktop unit. This device pretty much exceeds all of my expectations and I highly recommend it to everyone! However I desperately want an amp model of the Peavey 6505+ which is not yet available for the POD HD. And since I am the most impatient person in the world, I just bought Peavey's ReValver MKiii software vst plug-in. What I would like to know is: Is it possible to use the Cab Models and/or the effects from my POD HD with the Amp head models from ReValver? I record using FL STUDIO 10 and I use an M-AUDIO interface. If someone could please let me know if this is possible and if so please explain how to make this work. Any answers or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.   Jalon

Re: Using POD HD with Peavey ReValver?
by Rowbi on 2011-08-05 07:21:29

i don't believe you can run a cab sim in the pod without an amp.  they're together in 1 block.  there's a no cab option, but not a no amp option to then run a cab with.

that said, it would be a painful routing job to do that as there's no way to get audio back into the pod using USB.  so you'd have to run your guitar into another interface, for revalver then out then into the pod and through the POD.

if I'm honest the bettwe way to do it would be to use IRs, although I understand if you prefer the L6 cab models as I find they sound more real than IRs alone.

by tighttritenight on 2011-08-05 19:58:49

There are so many good free vst programs out there that I wouldn't bother with the routing for just using the HD500 as an effects or impulse loader.  The main benefit of the Pod is going to be the amp modelling which frees up your cpu.  The IR's in Revalver are actually pretty good, and it gives you the option to load 3rd party IR's.  You can find them free online. 

by daddyjaxon on 2011-08-05 21:02:26

Thanks dudes. That's good that I can load third party cabs... I did not know I would be able to do that. I was actually about to buy the actual Peavey 6505+ tube head but I opted not to spend that money once I found out about ReValver. I haven't really heard of it before like last week so I was a bit skeptical about the quality and stuff. But it is made by Peavey so I'm sure it'll be tight. I found the ReValver MK III software from Musician's Friend for $99 marked down from $300 so I had to snatch it up. I sent a request to Line 6 about getting the Peavey 6505+, 5150, and the Mesa Triple Rec models for the POD HD so hopefully they will get on that so I can just use my POD. Also, If anyone is interested, I posted a POD HD Desktop Metal tone on the Custom Tone page. You all should check it out and let me know what you think about it. The Tone Description is MetalAngel. Check it and let me know of any suggestions or ideas you have to make it sound better if you have any. Thanks

Jalon

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.