These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD300 new amps little bug
by unguis on 2011-08-05 05:29:27

Hi all!!

I just noticed that when I disable Amp modeling via footswitch or effects only button the amber light from amp knob is still on and it is a little bit annoying, because I sometimes really don't know if amp modeling is disabled or enabled. Do you have the same problem with your devices?

Thanks in advance!

Unguis

RE: HD300 new amps little bug
by Line6Don on 2011-08-08 11:33:16

Hey unguis,

Have you made sure to update to the latest Flash Memory v1.31 for the POD HD300?

I am running the latest Flash Memory v1.31 on our POD HD300 and I test this for you and LED for the amp model knob is disabled when you engage FX only mode. It is also disabled when you turn off the AMP using the footswitch.

Please make sure to use the latest version of Line 6 Monkey v1.41 to apply the Flash Memory update to your POD HD300. In the case that you are already using the latest version, I would back up any tones you have created in POD HD300 and then reinstall the latest Flash Memory.

Re: RE: HD300 new amps little bug
by unguis on 2011-08-09 01:38:41

Strange.. Yes, I'm running latest firmware installed with Monkey 1.41. I will reinstall it today, maybe something went wrong..

by unguis on 2011-08-09 23:50:08

I just reinstalled 1.31 firmware with monkey 1.41. Nothing changed, the amp model knom led is still on.

by Line6Don on 2011-08-10 15:00:52

Hey unguis,

If you engage FX only mode, are you hearing any sort of amp modeling? If FX only mode do any of the amp controls affect the tone, for example drive, bass, mid, channel volume? In FX only mode, does everything appear to sound correctly? Any thing else acting strange besides the LED light staying on?

I went through the HD300 again to see if there was any combination of settings that keep the amp LED's on while in FX only mode and was unable to reproduce your problem.

by unguis on 2011-08-10 23:55:30

I forgot to say very important thing - This happens ONLY on new 6 amps (amber amp knob LED). When I engage FX only mode everything is ok - no amp modeling (when I engage it on the old 16 amps the LED is off, and on the new it is still on).

by Line6Don on 2011-08-11 09:18:51

Hey unguis,

Thank you for providing the extra info. I was able to reproduce that on those 6 amp models using Flash Memory 1.31.

At this time I will submit this to our development team for further investigation.

Any other info you can provide concerning this issue?

by unguis on 2011-08-11 10:34:43

That's all what I know about this issue. I was also wondering what mean behavior of colors of SmartFX LED's. I noticed that the first fx is green, the second is red and the rest is amber but when I edit any parameter of first or second FX (for example Tube Screamer which is green) the led turns into amber.

Sorry for my english, I'm not very good in this language

Thank you for your help! I hope you will solve thist problem in next firmware and add something new (for example Tuner calibration, which is in my opinion very important)

Re: HD300 new amps little bug
by eliot_49 on 2012-01-17 21:20:58

Hi there, I'm experiencing another problem. After a few minutes using the hd300, the screen starts to show the amp configuration, without me manual changing it, and that's all the screen shows permanently, unless i turn it off. I think that is some bug in the hd300 edit, because this only happens when i have added a preset from customtone with the program. When I restore to factory, the problem solves. Anyone else having this problem?

Also as Unguis, I'm not very good in this language. Sorry.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.