These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Help needed with Pod Farm Platinum 2.51 and Pro Tools 9...
by nexis74 on 2011-08-05 18:53:56

Hello,  I run windows 7 64 bit,  I have attached a screen shot of the splash screen from Pro Tools 9.  I've got Pod Farm Platinum 2.51 working in Cubase, the stand alone works fine too, but can't seem to get it going in Pro Tools.  Anybody have any ideas I could try?  Does it have anything to do with the microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable sp1?  When installing, it said it can't find the download, so I tried to do it manually by going to microsoft.com.  It seemed to install fine, but still Pod farm dosen't work.  When I go to the control panel and check the uninstall list, I see c++ 2005 redistributable on the list 3 times???  I also see a C++2008 in these as well.  Any help would be great

nexis

RE: Help needed with Pod Farm Platinum 2.51 and Pro Tools 9...
by Line6david on 2011-08-08 14:05:48

Hi,

The Microsoft Visual C++ update will have to be installed before the plugins will work in Pro Tools.

Try running Windows update and see if that fixes the issue:

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Help needed with Pod Farm Platinum 2.51 and Pro Tools 9...
by nexis74 on 2011-08-08 14:23:55

never thought of that.  I'll try it tonight and I'll report back to you.

nexis

by nexis74 on 2011-08-08 21:22:44

Well, I did the windows update, Uninstalled Pod farm Platinum, installed the C++ thing, then reinstalled the Pod Farm Platinum ...and I get the same splash screen.  Any other ideas I should try? Here is a screen shot of the C++ things I have installed...nexisMy installed programs.jpg

by Line6david on 2011-08-09 16:39:45

Hi,

This is an issue that I have seen come up but usually installing the C++ update fixes the issue. Try completely uninstalling/reinstalling POD Farm 2.51 using the Add/Remove programs option in the Windows Control Panel and see if that helps the issue.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by nexis74 on 2011-08-09 21:57:33

Well, I got it to finally work.  I completely uninstalled Pod farm.  Then reinstalled the C++ thing, then did windows update, then tried to do windows update again (even after it said everything was updated)  I hit that search for more updates button and it found 2 more.  1 was a C++ 2005 thing update and the other was a C++ 2008 thing update, so I grabbed both of them and installed them.  After that, I reinstalled Pod farm platinum, opened Pro Tools 9 and she worked.  All is fine now.  It took a while, I'm still not sure why it didn't work before???  I literally spent a total of 6 hours spread out over 4 days trying to resolve this issue.  ...what a waste of time, but as long as she works, I'm happy.  I still think Pod Farm Platinum is one of the BEST sounding guitar amp plugins out there!  Thanks for all your help.  Your suggestions lead me to the right path...

nexis

Re: Help needed with Pod Farm Platinum 2.51 and Pro Tools 9...
by nexis74 on 2011-08-09 22:00:07

This is what I found from another persons post with a similar problem.  This is what helped me...

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2304

Thanks for all your help...

nexis

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.