These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod x3 live and spider IV 30 amp settings
by mattpritchard on 2011-08-06 00:58:18

Hi all, I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to my question...

I recently bought a spider iv 30 as my bedroom guitar to replace a dead Marshall mdhfx30. I use a pod x3 live for gigging thorough a power amp, the pedal does all the amp modulation I need.

I would really like to find out which amp models on the pod relate to the 12 amp settings on the spider so I can get a very similar sound both home and away to make practicing at home close enough to my live sound, but I can't find this information anywhere! Does anyone have any suggestions how I can go about recreating the spider settings on the pod x3 live? Any help greatly appreciated!

Matt

Re: Pod x3 live and spider IV 30 amp settings
by bcrichboy08 on 2011-08-07 05:33:20

clean sounds use line 6 clean etc and metal use some rectifiers treadplate, angel p ball or insane model. im surprised you should be able to recrate better tones on the pod imo

RE: Pod x3 live and spider IV 30 amp settings
by Line6Don on 2011-08-08 14:51:46

Hey mattpritchard,

Any of the models on the POD X3 Live labeled "Line 6..." should work to recreate the sounds of the spider series. Although I suggest to try and make your amp sounds like your pedal instead that way when you practice it sounds like it should live. Instead of playing live and it sounds like your bedroom.

To do so, I would recommend to use a clean sound on the Spider IV and use the POD X3 Live for your amp modeling, this way you will be able to use the same sounds as you do live.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.