These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

spider IV 30w sounding overly distorted and chuggy
by convoycr on 2011-08-07 09:37:18

Hey, I'm at my holiday home in costa rica at the moment and recently purchesed this amp as I have one that I like a lot back home in England, I also baught a new guitar on this trip whilst I was in America, an epiphone SG 310, well when I got home and set it all up I put it to metal red, as I like to play pretty heavy stuff, and it just sounded overly chuggy and the strings just sounded a lot unclearer than what I'm used to with the same amp back in England, at first I thought it was something to do with my guitar such as a 9V battery dieing as I have had that problem before and it produced a very similar effect, but the pickups are not active... I tried with my older guitar and it still sounded overly chuggy and distored in a bad way.

Hope that made some sence, it's sort of hard to explain but it just does not sound right to me, the clean sounds alright but everything past that beggins to sound stupid and overly chuggy, I'm gonna make the drive into the capital later to test my guitar out on some other amps and maybe take this one back, but I'm not really sure what to say to them at the moment to them, and just wondered if anyone here might know what's wrong and make me feel like I'm not just being overly picky.

Externally everything looks fine, I've tried factory reset and messed with all the setting and different jacks etc. for ages, so I'm really not sure.

Thanks.

RE: spider IV 30w sounding overly distorted and chuggy
by Line6david on 2011-08-08 15:23:16

Hi,

Could you possibly post a sound clip of the issue?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: spider IV 30w sounding overly distorted and chuggy
by joshbrunswick on 2012-01-13 23:21:15

I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure it is a defect.

Re: spider IV 30w sounding overly distorted and chuggy
by rayg1952 on 2012-01-27 12:19:22

I use to have the spider 4 30 watts i didn't like it i thought it sounded like crap.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.