These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport KB37 analog output problems
by h0us3m4n on 2011-08-09 14:21:21

First at all, sorry for my English. I hope you understand well. I bought a TonePort KB37 a year ago. Since then I have the following problems:

Sometimes in my headphones, the sound is louder in the right headphone-speaker than in the left one. When I increase volume, the left headphone-speaker reaches gradually the volume of the right one (the right one increases normally). I have changed my headphones and my 6.3mm-3.5mm adapter and the problem persists. This just occurs sometimes. I also asked companions for listen to the sound and it's not a problem of my ear. Once, it happened that the sound was heard very far away and without bass.

When I turn on my speakers, wich are connected to the Toneport via jack mono-RCA wire (analog outs), the Toneport shuts down. All the knobs are at zero at Toneport and at Speakers when this happens. Same thing happens if I connect the Speakers to the headphones out via 6.3mm-3.5mm adapter + RCA wire. This occurs often.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks a lot !

RE: Toneport KB37 analog output problems
by Line6david on 2011-08-09 16:22:32

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed:

http://line6.com/software/

Also, try a different headphone adapter and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Toneport KB37 analog output problems
by h0us3m4n on 2011-08-10 11:40:35

Thanks for your time, Line6david ! I'll try your suggestions these days.I've updated the software and KB37 shuts down again when I turn on my speakers (NGS Minimal 2.1). I'll try to replace the connections and change the usb port (i'm not using a hub). I'd like also to see if the KB37 shuts down with other speakers (I'll try to achieve other ones). At the moment, no problem with the headphones; however, when this occurred me for the first time, I used 3 or 4 adapters and the problem wasn't solved. I will write the results as soon as I can.

Thanks !

Re: RE: Toneport KB37 analog output problems
by h0us3m4n on 2012-02-10 17:33:16

Almost one year later, and having the same problem every time I turned on my speakers, the light came to me ! I Installed the latest drivers and changed the USB port (again) and no problem now !! Yeah !!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.