These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Patch name lost to "Default Preset"
by Craig35 on 2011-08-10 21:45:27

I've replaced some of the original, factory presets (after saving a copy) with patches from the tone page of the website and they worked fine. However, when I shutdown the computer and come back and fire it up POD HD Edit and the board the names are gone from the Edit menu and replaced by the words "default preset?" The names and patches remain on the board and they play fine. I tried saving the names from the board to the Edit program but no luck.  I've also tried altering the start up sequence i.e. have the board on then fire up the computer etc as this sometimes will impact work for getting computer programs  to correct themselves but no luck there either.

I do have all the patches saved/bundled and can reload the but this is a pain every time.

I suspect this is a rookie mistake but is this just the way it is or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Craig35

Re: Patch name lost to "Default Preset"
by Rowbi on 2011-08-11 00:59:51

when using edit, make sure not to use the save button on your POD.  if you do that the POD will save them but edit wont know, and I've seen issues with that.

when you've finished tweaking in edit, make sure that preset is not only loaded (the arrow next to it confirms that) but that the preset is highlighted, and press the send selected button to save it to your POD.

I believe there's a user guide just for the edit software, so please take a few minutes to drink a beer and have a read through it, as it will perhaps also help to highlight anything you may be doing wrong: http://line6.com/support/manuals/

Hopethis helps

Rowbi

Re: Patch name lost to "Default Preset"
by silverhead on 2011-08-11 06:26:41

Also, please make sure your HD Edit program is up to date. Run Line 6 Monkey to check/update the version.

In general, as Rowbi says, you should not use the HD device itself to make any changes while running HD Edit. The two can sometimes get out of sync resulting in the kind of lost updates that you describe.

RE: Patch name lost to "Default Preset"
by Line6Don on 2011-08-11 11:08:11

Hey Craig35,

A good tip when using any of HD Edit programs is to make sure you are not making adjustments to parameters or trying to save presets using the HD hardware. Instead use the software to apply all of your changes and edits, and then when your done either send the selected tone or setlist to the HD to save it on the hardware. Selecting save from the software will create a back up tone file of the preset on the computer but will not send the preset to the hardware to be saved. Exiting the software without either sending selected preset or setlist to amp or saving it on your computer will result in the lose of the preset created.

In the case that the preset parameters have been saved on the hardware with the incorrect name, you should be able to re-save the preset to the same location and just change the name to whatever you would like to call the preset.

RE: Patch name lost to "Default Preset"
by Line6Don on 2011-08-15 09:56:19

Hey Craig35,

This ticket is being closed due to lack of response within 72 hours. If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.