These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Farm 2.51 Windows Troubleshooting Guide (Read this If you are having problems with POD Farm 2.51 or 2.0)
by guitarfreak2105 on 2011-08-11 00:31:12

This guide is intended for anyone that is having issues installing POD Farm 2, whether it is telling you that it cannot find a file during installation, or can install it but cannot get any plug-ins to work in both the plug-in portion or the stand alone program. This guide SHOULD work for you.

Okay so I spent almost my entire day tring to get POD Farm 2.51 to work on my Windows Machine.

Computer Specs are as follows:

2.34?GHz intel Core2Duo

2gb of RAM

Nvidia graphics card

Windows 7 32 bit (x86) with all latest updates (this guide should work for 64 bit (x64) as well)

POD Farm 2.51

Cubase 5

POD X3 Live

All the latest software from Line 6

First close all programs, especially DAWS, audio programs, and Line 6 programs

Okay next start by uninstalling ALL Line 6 Software (Monkey, gearbox, edit, license manager, POD Farm 1, 2, and 2.51, ALL Line 6 Drivers) Reason and any other recording program or DAW will be fine. Don't uninstall them.

Next uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ redistribuitables that you may have

Now, update your Windows system with Windows update. DO NOT install an M$ Visual C++! (language packs are irrelevant)

Now disable any virus protection, and firewalls completely (do not go to any website other than Line6.com, and Microsoft.com while you're doing this. Be careful, and do it as fast as you can. This is necessary because sometimes virus protection software flags the downloads as malicious even when they are not, and removes some of this files from the download.

For the next three steps, I recommend using Either FireFox, Opera, or Chromium/Chrome

Now, download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and install it (I guess it wouldn't hurt to have 2010 and so on)

Next, download POD Farm 1 from the Line 6 website. Yes 1. After the download finishes, (this is for Windows 7 only, I do not think it is necessary for XP and Vista, just make sure that you have the latest service pack and updates plus everything above for them XP should be SP3, and Vista should be SP2) locate the setup file, right click it and click "properties" now click the "compatibility" tab. Set compatibility mode to Windows Vista Service pack 2. Click okay.

Now go and download POD Farm 2.51 from the Line 6 website. After the download finishes, (this is for Windows 7 only, I do not think it is necessary for XP and Vista, just make sure that you have the latest service pack and updates plus everything above for them XP should be SP3, and Vista should be SP2) locate the setup file, right click it and click "properties" now click the "compatibility" tab. Set compatibility mode to Windows Vista Service pack 2. Click okay.

Now, Re-enable your virus protection and firewall.

Next install POD Farm 1. When you have the option to check what you want to install, only install the VST's, and the POD Farm software, and required components. DO NOT install Drivers, Line 6 Monkey or anything else. Make sure to check the appropriate box when it asks "install POD Farm for Line 6 devices or iLok"

After that is finished start the install process for POD Farm 2. This time install any necessary drivers, Line 6 monkey, gearbox (if you want, but make sure to install Line 6's new License manager, you will need it. Again, make sure to check the appropriate box when it asks "install POD Farm for Line 6 devices or iLok" At this point you should not have run into any errors or files not found menus.

After POD Farm 2 is finished, run Line 6 monkey and make sure you devices firmware is up to date. Also make sure all of your software is up to date. (it should be you just installed all of it) When everything is updated, close Line 6 Monkey.

Now run the new license manager, sign into that and it will check and active POD Farm 2, and anything else you have installed by Line 6 that needs a license.

Now, you should have a working POD Farm 2. DO NOT uninstall anything I told you to install or it will probably stop working. I have it working as a stand alone program, and as the plug-in. I am not guaranteeing anything to work for you, you may have to experiment for yourself and tweak things a little more than I did to get it to work. But, I don't see why this wouldn't work for everyone having issues.

Also as a note, keep in mind that some of the models in POD Farm 2 may not work. Even if you have all the model packs. I'm not sure if some are HD models or what but the ones I have used have worked so far.

Hope this helped, leave a comment or something if it did. Or if you have questions, make sure to ask!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.