These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 (driver?) problem on win7-64bit
by leavit on 2011-08-13 10:51:16

Hello!

I have been using line 6 recording gear smoothly for years now. But when i upgraded to win7 from Xp my Ux2 have been ragequiting on me randomly.

Ive googled this and found similar problems for other UX2 users. I also found i have no usbfilters. And I have updated the drivers. I also use big buffer sizes as often i can. I may add that i use the ux2 all the time while am at the computer, not only when i'm recording.

'Symptoms'

The Ux2 stops working randomly with no output signals and no inputs working. But the 'retro db meters still glowing.

After this have happend i sometimes get a bluescreen. Sometimes i get to finnish what ive started and begin to restart the computer. But when i reach the Windows 'Shutting Down' screen it never does shut down, So i have to force it off.

And if i'm not getting a blue screen and have the force the computer off. Every application running seems to be affected by it somehow. They stop responding.

What could be the problem? Can i fix this myself?

Its getting frustrating.

configuration

Amd athlon 64 x2 3.2 ghz

Corsair XMS2 2x2 gb 800mhz

Msi K9N Neo V3 AM2

Win 7 ultimate SP1

Thanks!

/Tintin

Re: UX2 (driver?) problem on win7-64bit
by Shady08 on 2011-08-14 11:56:30

Hey man!

Got almost the same problems. It seems that Line6 can't come up with a decent driver.

I think the problem is on their side and not ours. Maybe some day they are going to get their asses and fix a new driver that works well.

by leavit on 2011-08-14 15:14:49

Hello

I'm not going to jump to conclutions just yet.

Because its to scary for me to concider you are correct.

i'm using this device frequently in live situations.

Ive encountered line6 support b4 and they did a great job.

Re: RE: UX2 (driver?) problem on win7-64bit
by Line6david on 2011-08-15 16:59:54

Hi,

BSODs are often related to drivers on a computer system conflicting with each other.

Be sure your video card drivers are up to date as this is often related to the issue.

Also, you can use this link to try and diagnose which driver is causing the issue on your system:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

As far as the dropouts are concerned, have you tried the optimizations in our USB troubleshooting guide?

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2085

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by leavit on 2011-08-16 09:10:13

Whochrashed

On Wed 2011-08-03 13:57:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080311-24984-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: l6ux264.sys (Unloaded_L6UX264.sys+0x71078)
Bugcheck code: 0xCE (0xFFFFF88006871078, 0x8, 0xFFFFF88006871078, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\l6ux264.sys
product: GuitarPort
company: Line 6
description: GuitarPort WDM Audio Device Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: l6ux264.sys (GuitarPort WDM Audio Device Driver, Line 6).
Google query: l6ux264.sys Line 6 DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

l6ux264.sys (GuitarPort WDM Audio Device Driver, Line 6)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

So.....

I'm going to start by uninstalling my microsoft Intellipoint driver for my mouse just incase they are conflicting. and my lexicon lambda driver and a western digital external hdd usb driver. Even tho i had these same drivers along with the ux2 one while i was running xp32bit.

And yes i have all the latest *smoothest* drivers for my computer.

I also want to argue that i'm not looking to optimize my pc for recording. If my computer had kept chrashing during big and recource consuming recording sessions i wouldnt have come here. I would buy a new cpu and some more ram -.-

It normally chrashes while i'm on facebook or watching Battlestar Galactica. It has chrashed during a recording session once maby, but i can be sure that it was a coincident. this has not to do with cpu or ram overloads.

by Shady08 on 2011-08-16 10:00:24

Hey man!

If you got a Logitech Webcam or other, try unplug it and see. I did, haven't got any sound problems for 2 days now.

by paulmackay86 on 2011-08-16 11:55:07

I have the Logitech Pro 4000 cam and use Vista 64bit driver for my Win7 64bit without the added software - it works fine.

by leavit on 2011-08-16 18:18:12

Is there any chance that my built in soundcards driver is fucking with the ux2 one? It sounds stupit but..

by Shady08 on 2011-08-16 19:18:31

I always disable my motherboards integrated sound card before I use any other sound cards.

Try unplug the webcam or unsintall the drivers for it and see if it works better.

Just a cheap shot man. It worked for me and I tried all the so called "solutions".

by leavit on 2011-08-17 09:56:34

Thanks for all the awnswers! i really appriciate it!

I'm going to try everything to get to the bottom with this

by Line6david on 2011-08-18 16:15:48

Hi,

Check out our USB audio troubleshooting Guide:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282

It has alot of good suggestions.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by leavit on 2011-08-20 10:10:39

It seems like its resolved. It hasnt crashed for 48 hrs or so. I dont know what resolved it. The things i did

I disabled the other soundcards

I uninstalled every usb driver known to man but the ux2 one.

I disconnected my usb freezer'

http://www.roligaprylar.se/USB-Kylskap.html

RE: UX2 (driver?) problem on win7-64bit
by Line6Don on 2011-08-23 09:11:49

Hey leavit,

Glad to see that you were able to resolve the issues you were having with your UX2.

by tkavarna on 2011-10-10 00:47:12

Hi, sow sorry for my bad english. İ have this problem previus 3 day. İ disconect my logitech 5500 speaker from the phone output in the ux2 & connetted to da digital coax out. Problem fixed. Ux2 work perfect to win 7 64, win xp 32 & sound is great whitout noise. No cliping no crash dumps, no stop recording.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.