These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Metal pack erased from POD XT while installing update, help!
by markhollamby on 2011-08-17 13:03:35

I've searched the line 6 site and am finding it very difficult to locate any kind of technical support contact, so I hope you will be able to help me.  I purchased the Metal pack for my POD XT around 5 years ago when i bought it.  I haven't used my POD for years until now.  After installing the recommended update I found that the metal pack had been completely erased from my POD, I tried to find a link to re download it but there appears to be no trace or record that I have bought and paid for it?  Is there a reason why such infomation would be erased from my account?  Why would an update erase a pack I purchased and offer no way of backing up or re-downloading it?

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, is there any way I can actually contact Line 6 direct? It seems they are very keen to hide any contact details and are reluctant to offer any kind of support?

Mark

Re: Metal pack erased from POD XT while installing update, help!
by Triryche on 2011-08-17 13:06:29

Did you purchase it under a different user name?

by markhollamby on 2011-08-17 13:36:41

well, i found an older account I set up as I had a feeling I might have bought it under that account but no record on there either, I may have changed the user name on the account, i can't remember, would that make a difference?

by markhollamby on 2011-08-17 13:46:29

Also for the record I also purchased the Bass amps add-on too!  This is very frustrating, considering they cost over $100!

by Triryche on 2011-08-17 20:46:28

The user name shouldn't make a difference.

It needs to be the account you would have orginally registered you xt with.

Then if you click

http://line6.com/account/

your entire purchase history should be there.

by markhollamby on 2011-08-18 02:57:47

well I only have ever made 2 accounts, and neither seem to still contain records of the purchase, is it possible that Line 6 erased all the data after a certain amount of time, or by error?

by Triryche on 2011-08-18 06:02:10

It shouldn't have been eraesed due to time.

Hopefully an official Line6 rep will chime in soon to take a look.

RE: Metal pack erased from POD XT while installing update, help!
by Line6Don on 2011-08-19 12:02:08

Hey vyrax,

After reviewing your account and product's history, I am only able to find that you purchased the Metal Shop from your other account called "Malus".

If you wish to continue to use these model packs you will need to login to your other account and gift/transfer the model pack to your Line 6 User Account.

You may do so by logging into the purchasing account and going to the following link:

http://line6.com/account/purchasehistory/

Youcan select the view details option for each of the store orders for the model packs and then select the "Gift" option and then either enter your Line 6 user name or the email address associated with your user account to then transfer the model pack to your account.

All you would need to do then is use the License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your computer as well as all of your Line 6 devices. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

by Line6Hugo on 2011-08-19 12:05:05

Mark,

I was able to locate another account that you created in which you did purchase the Metal Shop model pack. There was never a Bass Expansion model pack purchased on any of your 3 accounts that this POD has been associated with.

Username:

Malus

You just need to log into that account with the License Manager software to authorize your PODxt with the Metal Shop.

Running the ESN of your POD, it does not show that the PODxt has had a Bass Expansion license on it. You would need to purchase that license to use the Bass Expansion model pack.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Line6Don on 2011-08-22 11:48:23

Hey vyrax,

This ticket is being closed due to lack of response within 48 hours. If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.