These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Looper Issues still
by mynameizbrian on 2011-08-19 09:07:03

I'm reposting this from another thread ( http://line6.com/support/thread/46653

) to see if there is any more action on this issue.  The existing discussion has sound clips and diagrams as well.

Hi again,

I am re-posting this, as there has been no further reply to this issue in my previous thread

http://line6.com/community/message/183734#183734(probably because I wrongly marked it as 'answered')

Here are 2 short loops to illustrate this ongoing problem, and I'll try to explain exactly which buttons were pressed.

Pt  1 was recorded with no FX.  A single chord is strummed once and the REC  button is pressed while the chord is decaying, and a short loop is made  by pressing the REC/ODUB button again.  I start adding some more notes,  and immediately press the REV button.  Everything I play from this  point comes out really distorted (listen 00:08 until 00:35). REV is  pressed once more, and everything overdubbed after this point seems to  replay OK.

Pt  2 was recorded with only a small amount of mild compression.  I tried  to reproduce the button presses, and although timing points are  different, the same problem does recur (distortion occurring in the  recorded data after pressing REV while still in OVERDUB. Then, after  pressing REV again, new layers are recorded normally).  At the end of  this track, I also pressed HALF SPEED so you can hear the distortion  differently.

Looper set to POST on both pieces.

btw, this fault is intermittent, ie, I can only occasionally reproduce it.

I hope this demonstrates the problem adequately.

Re: M9 Looper Issues still
by mynameizbrian on 2011-12-15 08:38:20

419 views and still no one from Line 6 has addressed this?

This is a bit ridiculous...

by phil_m on 2011-12-15 08:42:41

Well, someone from Line 6 did confirm that it was a bug in the first post you linked to. They haven't dealt with it in an update as of yet, though.

by mynameizbrian on 2011-12-15 08:55:11

Not trying to sound rude at all, so please don't take it that way:

So, to confirm that it is a bug (over a year ago) making the pedal incapable of using the stacked looping features live because of the issue, is something the consumer is suppose to accept and move on with?

by phil_m on 2011-12-15 09:15:31

I wouldn't necessarily say that. All I was saying is that Line 6 knows of the bug. Other than logging it, there's not really anything else the Line 6 people who hang out on the forums can do. I don't know if there are plans to address this particular issue or not.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.