These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Record Select button not working properly
by grtfl62 on 2011-08-23 11:20:29

My spider jam Record Select button does not select "guitar" or "mic/aux" when pressed.  In fact it does nothing when simply pressed.  It does however, function properly when it is held down for a few seconds.  Consequently, successful recording/looping is difficult and frustrating to say the least.

Is there system reboot that might fix this or do I need to bring/send it in?.

Thanks

Re: Record Select button not working properly
by daydreamin7677 on 2011-08-23 16:11:02

To factory reset your amp simply hold down the tone/setting button while powering up the amp. This is on page 2-5 of the pilots guide.

by grtfl62 on 2011-08-23 18:41:55

Well, since no  offered any opinion as to whether or not a factory reset would correct the Record Select problem, I figured I had nothing to loose and  tried it. 

No luck (if anyone's interested).

I've opened up a repair ticket and will be sending it in for repair.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for looking

by daydreamin7677 on 2011-08-24 04:08:31

Man I'm sorry to hear that. When you hit the record select button it should either highlight, in red, guitar wich is on top or mic/aux wich is on bottom. Are either of those highlighted now?

by grtfl62 on 2011-08-24 11:29:14

I don't understand what you mean by "on top" or "on bottom".  When I press "Record Select" nothing happens or highlights.  No change in the screen.  When I hold it down for 2 seconds, the button highlights and I get the option to mix with guitar or mic/aux.

So I called Line 6 earlier to get an RA#.  When I finally navigated through the labyrinth of voice mail options, the message on the RA dept line told me that they were in a meeting and to call back later; after which the line was promptly hung up.  Nice customer service.  Clearly I want to speak to them more than they want to speak to me.

by grtfl62 on 2011-08-24 17:10:48

So finally a spot of good news.  I got through to the RA people and found out that there is a certified repair technician minutes away from my house and all I have to do it bring it to him with a copy of my receipt. 

I'll post an update re: the fix, once I get it back.

Cheers

RE: Record Select button not working properly
by Line6Don on 2011-08-26 09:05:43

Hey grtfl62,

Glad to see that there is a Line 6 Service Center minutes away from you.

Please let us know your results after you get the amp back from service.

Thanks for the updates.

Re: RE: Record Select button not working properly
by grtfl62 on 2011-09-19 18:13:33

I called my local Line 6 tech (no word after three weeks), and he has ordered a new mother board.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

by grtfl62 on 2011-10-25 09:56:30

So, after no less than 9 weeks, I called my local repair "center", and he told me that he didn't think that there's anything wrong with my amp.  !?!?.  So I asked him if he had tried to record anything onto it.  After a long pause he said "only using a tone generator".  I'll be honest.  I don't know what that means vis a vis my problem.  I only know that I don't play a tone generator.  He asked me to give him a couple of more days and he would plug his bass into it and try to record that.  He's had this thing since mid-August!  and only now is he plugging and instrument into it - and I had to ask for that!

Keeping mind that I was told previously that he had ordered a mother board, and keeping in mind that I had to call him - again.  Needless to say I am very frustrated.  My best case scenario is that the amp is now working (howsoever caused) and that I've lost 9 weeks for nothing.  My worst case scenario is that he now agrees (after 9 weeks) that there's something wrong with it and he needs another 9 weeks to address it.

My question at this point is:  is there a warranty "credit" that I can receive for all of the time that this person has needlessly cost me?  (My one year "factory" warranty is up some time in January.)

Thanks

by stikboy on 2011-10-25 11:12:12

Good luck. I've been trying to get mine fixed for 2 years and have gotten nowhere except to have every repair place tell me it's out of warranty now and I should just buy a new amp. I wish they would put an expiration date on the Spider Jam, apparently they expire faster than milk.

by wvox on 2012-07-17 10:29:33

I dont know if you have found this out yet but the 2 second delay to highlight and change the settings is in fact the only way to change them for some reason when the amp was designed if you push the mix button the little red LED on top lihgts up the new setting BUT in fact the setting has NOT changed and will not change until you have held down the button for a second and selected it

SO as strange as it may seem your amp is in fact operating the way it was designed

You cant get any effects on your  guitar either when you record it defaults to a shitty flat clean sound and thats all you get

Thats another kind of strange thing they did. I have no idea what the purpose was other than to maybe change it in a newer amp version so you could buy another one

The amp records pretty good but they sure made a mistake when you dont get any guitar effects Mind you Im sure you can BUY more Line six items that will get around this For the price it should have been included Left out intentionally Im sure

by wvox on 2012-07-17 10:32:04

Thats when you record both guitar and vocals

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.