These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Crashes Reaper at random time
by TTMMNWmike on 2011-08-24 04:01:39

Hello everyone!

I purchased a POD X3 almost 3 moths ago and right from the start everytime I start recording something with the REAPER recording program,suddenly it stops recording and both the program and my computer crash.Also,the Greabox says that it doesn't detect any POD device and broughts up errors.I tried uninstalling Gearbox and Line 6 Monkey and the drivers and reinstall them but nothing have worked,same goes for REAPER.I also tried using other USB ports and the problem is still here.I doubt that it is my computers fault because it is brand new and it hadn't showed me any sign of malfunctioning.

What should I do????!!!!it is extremely irritating recording for 2 hours or 30 minutes(and less sometimes)and then everything getting lost!!!

Best regards,

Mike C

Re: POD X3 Crashes Reaper at random time
by silverhead on 2011-08-24 06:36:52

Is your X3 firmware is up to date? What OS are you running on your computer?

Here are some docs that may help:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4698

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1814

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282

.....it is extremely irritating recording for 2 hours or 30 minutes(and less sometimes)and then everything getting lost!!!

As a general rule (with ANY computer file - not only audio recording) you should manually save the file periodically to avoid the loss of large amounts of data in the event of a crash or malfunction.

by TTMMNWmike on 2011-08-24 07:02:15

I am checking everything out as we speak.Also I updated the Drivers,Flash Memory and the Firmware just in case.Thet were all up to date.I am running on Windows 7

Thanks for the lightning response:D

by TTMMNWmike on 2011-08-25 04:01:47

Hey!!!I didn't really work:(.....I reinstalled everything and it still crushes after some time!Any other suggestions?Should I change any settings in the Reaper programm?

Re: RE: POD X3 Crashes Reaper at random time
by Kneehow on 2011-08-26 09:42:25

After reading through all that you've already tried on your end, it appears that the issue is being caused by something internal to the POD X3 itself, correlated to the USB-related components.

My guess is that the unit powers up fine on it's own and processes incoming audio just fine for hours and hours.

In a case like this, we'll need the assistance of an actual Service Technician to open up your device and diagnose the USB components of the unit. Since USB functionality is independent of the DSP for it to work as a standalone audio processing device, this is something that someone who might've had the unit and never connected it to a computer for audio output via USB to a software recording program may not have discovered before.

The contact for Service information in Greece is:

Philippos Nakas Music House

19th Km Leoforos Lavriou

190-02 Peania-Attiki

Greece

Phone: +30 210 6686206/6686000

Re: RE: POD X3 Crashes Reaper at random time
by TTMMNWmike on 2011-08-26 10:21:11

Thanks alot for the response!!! I spoke with the REPER technician guy and he told me to relaunch the programm to the factory defaults and since then everything is ruming smoothly!If I bump into some crushing again I will contact Nakas.Everyone thanks for the help!You are awesome:D

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.