These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Cant hear guitar through POD in comp
by naruto177 on 2011-08-26 07:30:44

I have a pod hd 500 and my guitar. I hook up the pod through usb and my guitar in POD. I want to be able to mess with the effects and all and have my guitar to test each one but I cant hear my guitar on the computer. I have to seperately undo USB connection and plug to amp. How can I fix it so I can play guitar and edit on computer same time?

Thank you!

Re: Cant hear guitar through POD in comp
by TheRealZap on 2011-08-26 07:35:12

you have to plug your computer speakers into the pod.

the pod becomes your soundcard and the sound will no longer route through your other soundcards in your computer.

by naruto177 on 2011-08-26 07:52:41

I plugged my speakers into my HDPOD500 in  the CD/MP3 In. I think thats the only place it can go into. I have the soundcard on Line 6 enabled but no sound.

by TheRealZap on 2011-08-26 07:55:08

you can't plug the speakers into that port... you need an adapter to plug it into the headphones or standard 1/4" outputs.

by naruto177 on 2011-08-26 07:57:46

Thank you so much! Would it be the best sound I can get to record through audicity or still you need get better software for best quality or quality always same through POD?

by TheRealZap on 2011-08-26 08:03:42

ditch audacity it's awful freeware and doesn't allow for ASIO to be utilized correctly, although it will work with some reverse engineered freeware....

try reaper http://reaper.fm

orfor a quick bit of recording fun thats easy to setup etc try riffworks t4

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/T4/

by naruto177 on 2011-08-26 08:08:24

Thank you sooo much!

by relayerjb on 2011-08-26 16:02:42

It seems that what you want to do is play the POD, listen through headphones, and edit on your computer.  Am I understanding this right?

All you need to do is plug your headphones and guitar into the POD.  The USB connection to the computer is for editing / backup / etc, but not for listening to your audio.  You can edit on the computer and the changes are immediately sent up to the POD so you can hear them in real-time.  You don't need anything else.

Hope this helps...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.