These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Cannot record vocals with Line6 UX2 Pod Studio
by Sameer1989 on 2011-08-27 05:49:43

Hello,

I got my UX2 for nearly a month now. Everything's working perfect. I have regestered the product, updated to the latest versions of software n device drivers. I tried recording guitar on Sony Acid Pro 7.0 and its recording perfect. But, until now. I got my new Rode NT1-A Condensor Studio Microphone. I hooked it up with my UX2 Pod Studio and switched on the +48V Phantom Power as the mic needs to power up. The audio devices settings on the Acid Pro is set to ASIO UX2. Input and output are all set to UX2 but its not working. I cant find the input signal. While as later i tried to hook up guitar back again to check, it seems to be recording fine. In short, I can record guitar but i cannot record vocals with my Rode NT1-A mic with Phantom Power switched on. Please help. Is it hardware failure? If so, can i exchange the product from the dealer I purchased?

Thank you.

Re: Cannot record vocals with Line6 UX2 Pod Studio
by john-t2 on 2011-08-27 11:06:24

Your Line 6 audio interface sends/receives the signal to your recording software through it's ASIO device driver. However, your device has more than one input, so the ASIO driver needs to know which input to monitor for the signal. Right now (since recording through the guitar input jack is working), the driver is set to monitor signal coming from the "Instrument" source (the guitar jack). You need to tell the driver to monitor signal coming from the "Mic 1" source (the XLR microphone 1 jack). You can accomplish this a couple different ways:

1. In POD Farm, go to the Mixer View and just below and to the left of the Line 6 logo, click on the dropdown menu that currently reads "INPUT: Instrument" and change it to "Mic 1"
  2. Or, if using GearBox instead of POD Farm, click just below "SOURCE SELECT" on the left hand side and select "Mic 1" instead of "Instrument".

Now the ASIO driver will pass the signal coming from your Mic 1 input to your recording software. Also note that your UX2 device is capable of recording two channels at a time. So with the right input source selections, you can record with 2 micrphones, or a microphone and your guitar, or even the line inputs on the back of your UX2.

by Sameer1989 on 2011-08-30 09:19:06

Thank You. Perfect.

by ctmb92 on 2011-12-30 13:34:17

Ive had the same problem with recording using mics, however when i go to change the input from "Instrument" to "Mic1" in POD Farm 2 i am not given the option to do so, is that because i am using Logic pro as apposed to Acid pro or POD farm 2 instead of POD farm?

by empty_files on 2012-06-07 20:20:57

Hello! Me my problem: When I'm with my vst Podfram 2 of ableton I have no mic option 1 .. he just take the instrument ... we see no direct monitoring the tone! my pod farm is not the same as with ableton alone: P

by empty_files on 2012-06-07 20:22:15

Same probleme with ableton

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.