These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Toe Switch on POD HD
by blakeevan311 on 2011-08-29 19:41:56

Hi, I'm looking at getting a POD HD400 or 500 as a much cheaper alternative to an actual amp and pedals. First though, I want to know something about the toe switch on the expression pedal. The wah I use is an Ibanez Weeping Demon, so I'm used to a spring-loaded type of action where if you put your foot on the pedal, it turns on, and when you take your foot off, it springs back to the "off" position. Is there a way to emulate this on the PODs, or will I have to overcome my despise of the toe switch?

The first time I used a Crybaby live, it cut my signal when I tried to turn it on. I didn't learn until after having no sound for the rest of the set that that's because I didn't push the button all the way down. Mark Tremonti and Kirk Hammett are some of my largest influences and I do a lot of improv/freestyling when I play, so I like to be able to use the wah on-the-fly without having to fight with the switch if at all possible.

Re: Toe Switch on POD HD
by ozbadman on 2011-08-29 23:26:59

You can't emulate the spring action, but you can use a different switch to switch the WAH on/off. That is, it doesn't have to be the toe switch. It can be assigned to any footswitch on the board. You can assign both the volume and wah to the same footswitch and toggle between them that way if you like. Or you can switch between patches, one where it's enabled and one where it's not.

Re: Toe Switch on POD HD
by blakeevan311 on 2011-08-30 08:30:54

Ok, thanks. That helps a lot.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.