These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

What is the best way to convert a Studio Out Dual Tone to be used with DT50?
by daveschutt on 2011-08-30 14:18:09

I have several Dual Tones I use in Studio Direct mode and I'm working to set a setlist of similar tones to be used with the DT50 D-Link but I'm confused as to how the DT50 interpets these tones?  Does it drop the B amp altogether?  Should both amps be set to pre- or just Amp A?  In your experiece to Dual Tones even sound good going to DT50 or should they be scrapped alogether?

Dave

Re: What is the best way to convert a Studio Out Dual Tone to be used with DT50?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-08-30 15:15:54

Hi Dave

With the HD500 set up as default Amp A will go to channel A on the DT-50 and Amp B will go to channel B when connected via L6 Link.

Dual channel setups take Channel A on the first DT-50 in line.

Provided both amp slots have an active amp model in them, a single DT-50 will see both amps in Channel A.

If you turn off or remove Amp A in your HD500 signal chain then the DT-50 will switch to Channel B with a single amp.

As long as your dual amp setups don't involve turning off or toggling between the two amp models, then a single DT-50 will manage them both through Channel A.  Cross fading between two active amp models on the HD500 should also see them being heard through Channel A on the amp.

Setting the HD500 to send to Channel A for both amps doesn't make any difference with a single DT-50.  If Amp A is switched off the amp will switch to Channel B.

You can set both amp models to PRE, both to FULL or one to PRE and the other to FULL.  The output will be summed to a mono signal with a single DT-50 amp.

Your question made me go and get the DT-50 out to check my answer before I posted my reply.

HTH

Nick

Re: What is the best way to convert a Studio Out Dual Tone to be used with DT50?
by daveschutt on 2011-08-30 17:16:49

+5 Thanks again Nick for a very thorough explanation.  I got my new JTV-69 about 10 days ago and love it.  Used it at a gig last weekend and it performed flawlessly.  Had to do a song with a capo'd acoustic for the intro and verses and big electric for the choruses and it was smoking!  I have to say they really improved the acoustic models in my opinion.  Upon hearing playback of the gig you'd swear someone had a Martin up there on stage!

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-08-30 17:25:32

Dave

That's excellent feedback re: your gig with the JTV and the other L6 gear.  Glad to hear it went well :-)  I agree with you re: the acoustic models.  The 12 string acoustic models out of the box needed a bit of a tweak in Workbench I thought, but once done they sound pretty authentic in a live situation.

Nick

by daveschutt on 2011-08-30 17:46:32

I noticed you mentiond that in the other forum.  Could you send me a PM with what you had to do. I believe you said you had to detune them a bit.  Did you find you had to do the same with the 12 string Chime as well?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.