These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

USB problems
by xbwhite2010 on 2011-08-31 15:35:41

Ever since I got my pod hd500 the usb connection has not been constant and now It doesn't seem to work at all. I have never forced it in and I am always careful  with my equipment. Now I can't edit my effects with the software which makes it ALLOT harder to edit and experiment with effects. Other than this one problem I have loved this pedal for direct line in studio use. IT sounds great when ran directly into an interface. But I am very frustrated because of this usb problem. I was just wondering if this is a common problem with the first ones. I had mine on hold when they first came out. I was wondering If this was one of the bugs or if it is just the cable itself. If that is the case, can I just go to radio shack and use any usb cable or is this one specifically designed for this unit, such as the ac adapter?

Re: USB problems
by silverhead on 2011-08-31 19:08:56

A standard USB cable will work well - there's nothing special about the cable.

However, I doubt that your problem is hardware related - it's not likely the USB physical connector on the HD500. It's most likely a system software problem. Try these troubleshooting steps:

- use a different usb port on your computer. Make sure it is USB 2.0 - older usb implementations will not work.

- do not use any usb hub

- try removing other usb devices to identify a potential conflict (particularly a Logitech webcam).

- try uninstalling and reinstalling the HD500 driver. Use Line 6 Monkey.

Re: USB problems
by SignaturePre on 2011-10-20 13:13:11

Hi

Had my HD PRO up and running last night with the HD PRO Edit, but now the Edit is not able to find the HD PRO. Tried to re-instal the Edit, but still the same probleme. I phurchased it two days ago from my local autorized dealer!

Help I want to set up my big rig with HD PRO, Liquid Foot Pro, RJM RG-16, 5 pedals, a custom made 3 channel tube preamp + 2 Egnater Rebel 30 Heads. No I`m not close to complete the rig build as I`m not able to communicate with the HD PRO from the HD PRO EDIT.....

Please help

Best Regards

Norway

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.