These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

My Spider IV 75 is showing garble in the LCD window.. :O HELP
by mathiazomega7 on 2011-09-02 03:53:17

I just bought a Spider IV 75 amp, which I absolutetly LOVE, however in the last couple days, it has started showing just gibberish in the LCD.  Like weird characters and question marks and stuff.  Ive tried turning it off and on, and everything I can think of.  I mean, its barely two weeks old, and ive never dropped it, its never gotten wet, never been bumped or banged on.  It did it to me like 6 days ago, then when I took it to our studio it was back to normal.  THen when i got it home, it was wigging out on me again, and has since.  Studio and at home.  What the flipping french toast is going on?????  sp

Re: My Spider IV 75 is showing garble in the LCD window.. :O HELP
by toonsms on 2011-09-02 05:09:24

What I would do is:  1 @OUWLS B#(*UDIJ YOU#*39 K;JD93IJ 93.W...  (OK JUST KIDDING).

I would backup your patches using Spider Edit - then do a factory reset.

Then try it.  Hopefully it is happy and displaying right.

Then restore patches.

Hope that helps.

From the faq:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1538

border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="support" style="background-color: #ffffff; font-size: 11px; margin-right: 6px; margin-left: 5px; text-align: left;">

Q: How do I perform a factory Reset on the Spider IV series amplifiers?

A: Hold the “A” button as you power the unit on, then press the presets encoder once.

Cheers!

M

by mathiazomega7 on 2011-09-02 05:30:40

I'll give it a whirl.  thank ya.

by fflbrgst on 2011-09-02 05:48:04

Do you have an FBV MkII control pedal?  After trying the factory reset, you may want to check for online updates by connecting the FBV via USB.

RE: My Spider IV 75 is showing garble in the LCD window.. :O HELP
by Line6Hugo on 2011-09-02 10:47:08

You can also try re-installing the flash memory on the Spider IV using the instructions in the following link:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2081

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by nicholasagee on 2011-12-19 15:10:54

did this work?? because i am having the exact same problem with mine i just bought a few days ago and i tried all of that but i didnt have any luck..

by fflbrgst on 2011-12-20 06:48:23

The original poster never came back to report.  As you have onlyhad the amp for a few days and factory reset and reflash/update have not worked, I would suggest you bring it back to where you purchased for an exchange.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.