These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Signal delay when recording in Reaper
by dangiles44 on 2011-09-03 05:18:29

Hi

I got a Pod UX2 yesterday and have it all plugged in fine - into the usb port and the headphone out into my monitors.

I set up Pod farm and it all works fine, which guitar and vox, but when I record with reaper using Pod Farm as a VST FX plugin there is a substatial delay in the recording, so the guitar/vox is always behind the beat. Any ideas of how I can solve this?

Also since i plugged the speakers into the headphone jack every now and then there is a clicky type sound during playback, I'm not sure if it's latency or soemthing but any ideas on what to do there?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Dan

Re: Signal delay when recording in Reaper
by dangiles44 on 2011-09-03 07:13:38

Okay, I just figured out the second part, so the clicky crackling isnt happening any more!

Any ideas on the rest?

Cheers

Dan

RE: Signal delay when recording in Reaper
by Line6Don on 2011-09-07 10:01:39

Hey dangiles44,

I would suggest to lower the buffer size within Reaper's preferences menu to reduce any latency.

To ensure your Windows 7 computer is optimized to work with audio processing, please follow the link below for a official Microsoft optimization guide:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Optimize-Windows-7-for-better-performance

Re: RE: Signal delay when recording in Reaper
by Kneehow on 2011-09-07 10:31:07

I did a quick test on this old work PC I'm on (XP/SP2) running REAPER 3.141 (probably older than your version) and POD Farm 2.51 VST.

I took a screenshot; aside from the fact that I'm using a POD Studio KB37, the preference and software input settings should match what I have. On this 3+ year old work computer I'm on, POD Farm 2.51 VST on Track #2 is processing audio and I'm hearing it with no perceivable delay (to my ears).

Maybe it's something in the software settings on your system? Double-check yours against my screenshot for starters and let us know.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.