These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Bass POD / Bass PODxt

Which signal comes from Bass pod XT LIVE USB output?
by btlguy on 2011-09-03 09:53:59

Hi,

I am trying to record directly from the Bass Pod XT Live into Pro Tools LE 9.  I am recieving left and right signal into a stereo channel in Pro Tools. Can someone tell me if perhaps one side is the modeled signal and the other side is unprocessed direct?  I am monitoring through an external mixer using the "to amp" output from the Bass Pod to avoid any latency.  I mention this in case this influences the USB output going into the software somehow.  It is my goal to have both the direct signal and modeled signal recorded simultaniously either in one stereo track or two separate mono ones. Can this be done stricly USB? Thanks.

Message was edited by: btlguy

Re: RE: Which signal comes from Bass pod XT LIVE USB output?
by Kneehow on 2011-09-07 09:33:46

The Bass PODxt Live can only send either fully processed signal or direct (dry) instrument signal via it's USB connection.

To do what you're trying to do, you'd have to not utilize the USB connection of the Bass PODxt Live and use it's 1/4" outputs into your ProTools Audio Interface (two different channels).

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.