These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Problem Instaling new firmwire on POD HD500
by enator247 on 2011-09-03 14:16:54

hi guys this is a serious problem that i am into...

i installed line 6 monkey v1.41 and then i installed the line 6 drivers for HD500

but the thing is when i open mu line 6 monkey there only shows under updates ammplications ---> line 6 minkey 1.41

and nothign shows about other things like firmwire or flash memory i downloaded the flash memory 1.31 of HD500 and naw it canoot be opened

i really want to update to the latest formwire please help me and yea in d top where i am loged on it says "there are no new updates available"

but when i install the latest HD500 edit it says dat it works only with d new firmwire....

i tried uninstalling / re isntallign the whole process a lot of times but no luck

when i keep d view button form the pedal pressed it shows - FLASH FW : V 1.10

USB FW : V 1.01

please help me guys i just bought my pod yesterday and really need the new firmwire

i have also attached the image..

Re: Problem Instaling new firmwire on POD HD500
by mcolquitt on 2011-09-03 23:13:05

There are very detailed descriptions and even videos that walk you through the process right here in this very forum about firmware update procedures.....Good luck

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-04 01:02:57

Hi

As you say, line 6 Monkey is not detecting your POD HD500 correctly and although it 'sees' it as indicated on the upper left of your screen grab, it doesn't see it in the right hand pane at all.

Try this:

• Disconnect your POD HD500 from your computer
  • Go to the Downloads section above right on this Web site and select Software Downloads
  • Find POD HD500 on the Product drop-down selector on the left
  • Click Go
  • From the list, select Drivers (version 4.2.4.4 for windows) and download the file.
  • Run the .EXE file you've just downloaded.  Don't connect your POD HD500 until the driver installation prompts you to do so
  • When you do connect your POD HD500 to your computer, make sure that you connect directly to a main USB 2.0 port and not through any kind of generic USB hub.  If your computer doesn't have USB 2.0 that might be your problem.

If your computer does have USB 2.0 but Monkey still doesn't see your HD500, then try booting your HD500 in TEST mode by holding down the right button on the 4 way Nav Pad on the HD500 as you apply power.

Failing that, try using a different computer to rule the computer out as being the problem and try a different USB 2.0 compliant cable whilst you're at it.

Regards

Nick

by enator247 on 2011-09-05 00:36:35

thanx guys for the suggestions and @mcolquitt yup il remmeber dat next time just wrote it in a hurry....

@ nickmattocks : yup i had to install the driver seperately but still it didnt help

@ all : when i did the process by installing windows xp on my computer it was fine my firmwire was updated naw please tell me why line 6 monkey is able to detect HD500 but not any other line 6 software insatlled or i get no firmwire update thing .... but when i installed the same softwares on windows xp it worked fine and detected all and i was able to update my flash memory... i would like the line 6 team to help me on this and please look into the mater...

i have naw succesfully updated my firmwire to v 1.31....

nd 1 more question is there a way to update USB firmwire as it still shows as V 1.01 on my POD HD500 ?

by enator247 on 2011-09-05 00:40:00

yup i saw those but u see my screenshot i attached it is detecting line 6 HD500 but there are no other options given , it is not detecting any other line 6 softwares i have installed + the firmwire version is not shown... since i couldnt find any solution to this i posted this....

+ this thing has been resolved , when i tried the whole processes on windows xp it worked absalutely fine as the video tutorial showed

by enator247 on 2011-09-05 00:44:50

when i repeated the whole processes on windows xp it worked fine as it should and i am able to update my frimwire to 1.31 but it didnt work on windows 7

is there any update released for usb firmwire as it still shows as V 1.01 on my POD HD500

whereas the flash FW shows as V 1.31

thanx 4 the quick responce

RE: Problem Instaling new firmwire on POD HD500
by laplayantonio on 2011-09-05 03:05:48

hello sounak

this is probably due to choosing the wrong install paths while installing your software, or different Windows user permissions

please try removing ALL Line6 software, then reinstall making sure to follow the default path, and also installing always as Administrator of your PC

line6antonio

Re: RE: Problem Instaling new firmwire on POD HD500
by enator247 on 2011-09-06 10:32:51

ya that can be a thing , thanx very much for your reply  i will surely check upon that

but still you see if i chose different install paths the applications might not get detected i agree but then why not HD500 components are being detected on the left side and on the right side they are blank..... moreover when i repeated the whole process on windows xp it was smoooth as a butter everythign was done in 1 go

Re: RE: Problem Instaling new firmwire on POD HD500
by enator247 on 2011-09-06 21:18:52

hey thanx a lot i tried it on windows 7 and it worked perfectly

that was the thing i was doing wrong i did not use the default directory and installed different softwares in different drives, thanx for your help

by enator247 on 2011-09-06 21:39:03

thank you all for your suggestions everything is working fine naw

here is an attachment of a screenshot

by mnkymn on 2012-07-19 20:07:37

I initially had the same firmware update issues...

Often it is indeed the USB path is corrupted with the use of a hub, especially an unpowered hub... This goes for most MIDI controller devices. I direct lined into the port on the computer and everything went fine.

Regards,

Padre

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.