These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line 6 Floor Pod XT Live - Loss of volume during live performance
by fred_farkel on 2011-09-04 11:51:13

I use a Floor Pod XT Live. I updated the software about a month ago, changed a couple patches and tested it for 30 minutes or so through my amp and all was fine. Yesterday while getting ready to play an outdoor concert, the volume would drop by half and after a short period it would come back to full volume.

My setup consist of one overdrive pedal in to the guitar input of the Pod XT Live with two cables running back to two seperate Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amps line-in ports. I normaly use just one amp but needed the second amp yesterday. During sound check, the volume would drop by half and stay that way for a minute or two and then return to normal. I'm very carefull with my equipment always double checking evereything.

Any ideas to what the problem might be? Thanks.

RE: Line 6 Floor Pod XT Live - Loss of volume during live performance
by Line6Don on 2011-09-07 13:58:13

Hey fred_farkel,

Try testing the same setup without the POD XT Live, and see if you are experiencing anything similar.

Then try the setup without the second Hot Rod deluxe and distortion pedal, see if you experience anything similar.

If you experience this volume change during either one of these setups, try using some different instrument cable, and possibly another guitar to see if they contribute to the problem or not.

Trying the above will help us to reproduce the problem using these different setups to try and establish which piece of gear is the culprit.

It might have been the power at the outdoor concert, they are known for having bad power sources.

Let us know your results.

Re: RE: Line 6 Floor Pod XT Live - Loss of volume during live performance
by Line6david on 2011-09-09 15:11:01

Hello,

It has been at least 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support ticket. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

Re: RE: Line 6 Floor Pod XT Live - Loss of volume during live performance
by fred_farkel on 2011-09-11 15:14:55

Thank you for the speedy reply, I'm sorry I have not had a chance to reply or try the changes you suggested. I will set everything up exactly as it was and run through all the changes as you suggest.

I don't believe its going to turn out to be the amps as I used both of them without the XT Live in line and did not notice any problem. I will however run through everything as mentioned just to be sure.

thanks for the help, Warren Merrill...( aka )  fred_farkel

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.