These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Hitting wrong pedals on pod 500
by naruto177 on 2011-09-05 14:06:59

I have had the pod HD 500 for about 4months and im loving it and learning to select FS's and setting my delay and overdrive ,etc. Sometimes whenever I try to hit a pedal on from fs1-4 I accidently always hit the bottom FS5-8 and i always try to be cautious or if i wanted to swotch patches to FS8 I end up hitting the volume pedal down and no sound. Whats the best way to hit the buttons even though it sounds stupid but im pretty sure im not the only one and while I ask this i have 2 other questions,

Question 1: How to hit pedal board buttons without hitting any other switch or volume pedal.

Question 2: If i make a patch with a effect on FS6 how can I use it without switching to a different patch I had set there

Question 3: I have a file i want to take the volume pedal off but its not even on any of the pedals selection on the Edit screen, so how would i take care of that so I dont have a volume pedal?

Thank you!

Re: Hitting wrong pedals on pod 500
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-05 14:42:12

Q1: The best thing I've found to do when I experience clumsy-size-nine-itis is to either:

1. Set the HD500 to 5678 mode and transfer the 4 foot switch assignments that would normally be on FS1 to FS4 to the front row on FS5 - FS8, or
  2. Set up an identical patch in an adjacent slot but with the FX being in a different state on being ON or OFF

I prefer the second option as changing patches is still possible in one tap, but in reality I just try to take more care.

I would like Line 6 to look at providing a way of switching the front row of buttons with the back row as a System Settings option, but that's not a reality at the moment and may never be.

Q2: If you are operating in 5678 mode then you simply tap the bank up or bank down button and then tap a switch in the range 5678 to switch patches 

Q3: You need to check the expression pedal assignments.  The patch file you refer to probably has the expression pedal controlling the Volume control on the amp model

Nick

by naruto177 on 2011-09-05 17:06:08

Here is the patch I want to take volume pedal off if u can help me please or tell me how to do it so I can learn how.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/214892/

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-06 01:29:44

Hi

I've taken a brief look at this patch.  There don't seem to be any expression pedal assignments at first glance but if you look at the Channel Volume parameter for each amp you'll find that Exp 2 has indeed been assigned.

HD500 VOLUME PARAMETER.jpg

I've modified the patch for you too (attached)

Nick

by naruto177 on 2011-09-06 08:41:40

Thank you so much that helps a lot. It took me a while to find what you were talking about until i started to click down the drop menu to find it and saw volume panel on. So it means I can also do this with any patch without takeing a fx spot?

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-06 09:33:27

That's why I put the red arrow on the picture

Yes you can do it on any patch with an amp model.

Glad it helped

Nick

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.