These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can't Get POD Farm to recognize my computer as an authorized device
by EmilGorgioski on 2011-09-06 14:03:50

I recently purchased the license for POD Farm 2.5 for my mac, and downloaded the needed software for use with my computer. I went through the Line 6 license manager, and authorized my computer to use the POD Farm. Now however, when I open up POD Farm, through the desktop, or as a plug-in in Logic, it says that no license is found. I go back into the license manager, and it syas my computer is authorized. I don't know what to do.

RE: Can't Get POD Farm to recognize my computer as an authorized device
by Line6Don on 2011-09-08 10:16:44

Hey EmilGorgioski,

I would suggest repairing your disc permissions, to do so:

Open the disc utility program located within your utilities folder, select your primary hard drive, and repair disc permissions. Restart the computer.

If you still receiving a message saying that it has found a active POD Farm 2 license on your hardware and that you need to use License Manager to authorize it, this could be related to an Admin Problem in OSX.

Try this:

Go to Macintosh HD>Computer Name>Library>Application Support>Line 6

Is the folder empty?

If so, Control or Right Click inside the folder and select Get Info.

In the Dialogue Box select Sharing and Permissions and Make Sure the folder is set to Read and Write NOT Read Only.

Now Create a Folder Called GuitarPort inside the Line6 Folder, if it does not already exist.

Run License Manager and Unauthorize/Reauthorize your computer and Line 6 Devices.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.