These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

threw me for a loop
by toneman2121 on 2011-09-07 18:37:46

i have a bean. when i record a riff using the looper, say a typical blues progression, how do i get the timing right?  first i press the record button, of course there's pause before i start playing, play the riff, and another pause when i'm finished playing before i press the button to stop recording. this leaves time at the beginning and end of the loop so there is no smooth transition from one loop to the next i hope my question is clear enough. thanks, frank.

Re: threw me for a loop
by fireballchaser on 2011-09-07 19:45:23

I usually play the riff once or twice before hitting the record button and then hit the button again as I'm just finishing the riff and going into a repeat with my actual guitar.  Easy enough with a 500 like I have but with a bean, yikes, good luck and maybe you could have someone else hit it for you while you're playing or something?

by spaceatl on 2011-09-07 19:47:53

the bottom line is it takes a little practice...and you really need the shortoard to pull it off...One way to approach this is play through your loop riff once, hit record in the downbeat of 1 when you are playing the riff the second time....hit record or play on the downbeat of 1 when you are start the third pass...play though your button clicks...sorta like walking and chewing gum at the same time...

by toneman2121 on 2011-09-07 19:55:57

so i suppose there's no way to edit what you want to loop with the bean, except to grow another arm. so if what you're saying is correct, you have confirmed my suspicions. i'll have to try using my toes.  thanks for the input.

by toneman2121 on 2011-09-07 20:05:55

i get what you're saying and i'll try that but it's still gonna take a little practice. especally when i'm using my toe

thanks,

frank

by spaceatl on 2011-09-07 20:43:45

Ha!...using your toe...nice one....I actually have done that once or twice on the bean...much more difficult...You will be a master looper if you get that one down...

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-09-07 23:29:11

Hi Frank

I like the fact that you appear to be trying to use your toe on the POD HD Bean to start and stop recording your loops.  That shows determination and persistence and should help with strengthening your leg and toe muscles

As Space said you really need a floor controller like the FBV Shortboard MkII or FBV Express MkII ideally.  Either will allow you to start and stop recording your loops and playback.  The older MkI Shortboard and Express pedal boards will work too but they have no way of entering quick loop mode from the floor.  You can enter quick loop mode from the top panel on the bean however and once you're in there the older boards will control recording and playback.

Nick

by toneman2121 on 2011-09-08 16:21:46

thanks men

by toneman2121 on 2011-09-17 18:23:02

my toes is jammin'. sorry for the disgusting reference but using my toes, my big toe actually, you know, the captain of the toes, is working.  i almost have the timing down. anyway, if i didn't start this thread, i would have never gotten the idea without input from youse. thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.