These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Forbidden Pod Farm Presets?!
by Post-Script on 2011-09-09 14:52:47

Elo,

Ok so I have a KB37, and I enjoy Pod Farm and all, because it's clever and cool and all. However, I don't get why some of the tone presets that come with the software always would say "that they don't work with this device" What's the deal!!!! and they would always be like really cool presets, but they don't work, because of the device I'm using. you can correct me if i'm wrong, i thought that the KB37 was the biggest brother of all those gizmos.

What can i do to get those presets working?

Thanks!

Re: Forbidden Pod Farm Presets?!
by silverhead on 2011-09-09 15:11:26

There could be a couple of things going on here.

1) There are two versions of Pod Farm: the basic version and the Platinum version which has many more amps and FX available. The software (incliding presets I presume) delivered with each version is the same. Your Pod Farm license (not your hardware) determines which version you have and hence which amps/FX are available. Attempting to load a preset that uses amps/FX that are available only in the Platinum version may generate the message you see. If you have the basic version perhaps you need to upgrade to the Platinum version. If you already have the Platinum version then the issue is something else, such as......

2) Some Line 6 hardware (e.g. the X3 Live) has a Pod Farm licence included with the hardware purchase. It could be the basic Pod Farm license or a Pod Farm Platinum licence. Still, it's the licence, not the hardware, that controls you access to amps/FX in Pod Farm. In my case I purchased an X3 Live a couple of years ago which included a licence for Pod Farm Platinum version 2.0. Later on, Pod Farm 2.5 was released which added some routing capabilities that the X3 Live does not have. Hence, even though I upgraded to Pod Farm 2.5 Platinum there are still some presets that my X3 Live can't run because it doesn't have the required routing flexibility.

Hope this helps.

Re: Forbidden Pod Farm Presets?!
by TheRealZap on 2011-09-09 17:12:03

as silverhead said... you need model packs, or to upgrade to platinum...

they've never sold a kb37 with platinum (all the model packs)

Re: RE: Forbidden Pod Farm Presets?!
by laplayantonio on 2011-09-13 03:50:06

hello

I can see, you have not authorised your PC and KB37 using License Manager yet; to take advantage of all included Addons, please do so: http://line6.com/account/licenses/instructions/

your KB37 includes the FXJunkie ModelPack, apart of the standard set of Models; if you wish adding amps/FX, you can purchase additional ModelPacks, see http://line6.com/modelPacks/

line6antonio

Re: RE: Forbidden Pod Farm Presets?!
by Line6david on 2011-09-16 09:23:18

Hello,

It has been at least 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support ticket. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.