These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Locked out of Pod Farm 2 on my Mac ONLY
by SeerGuitar on 2011-09-09 15:24:11

Hi there... I have a Mac Pro with 2 user accounts.  one for my daw, and one for personal use.  while in my personal account, I loaded Pod Farm 2 (for use with a Toneport Gold DI) .

That's when things started going downhill.  First, my powerful computer became slow as molasses. I couldn't even power off.  Since uninstalling/reinstalling, the computer runs fine, but whenever I load Pod Farm 2, I'm getting the licsense manager asking me to authorize my computer, despite the fact that it is fully authorized.  This problems started a month ago, and I still can't use my device... WITH MY MAC.. It works perfectly on my PC laptop, my gf's laptop, basically every computer other than the one I want to use it on.

My theory is that registering the same computer/device from different user accounts has uncovered a bug in Line 6's software, and my Mac Pro has somehow become blacklisted.  I've even done the procedure I came across that requires me to pull every Line 6 file of out of my system, and it's the same result every time.  Please advise.

Wayne Silver

RE: Locked out of Pod Farm 2 on my Mac ONLY
by Kneehow on 2011-09-13 09:07:38

I took a look into your account on the backend and reset a few parameters. Can you try authorizing just your Mac again and let us know the results this time?

Re: RE: Locked out of Pod Farm 2 on my Mac ONLY
by SeerGuitar on 2011-09-13 15:02:57

Hi Perry,

Thank you for your response.  I re-authorized my Mac, as you advised me to, but unfortunately, my problem still exists.  Upgrading Monkey and the drivers which were both released today didn't help either.  I even uninstalled/reinstalled all the software and drivers. Same situation:  License Manager tells me that my computer and my TonePort are authorized, but when I run Pod Farm 2, I'm getting that same "TonePort DI-G Not Authorized For This Computer" dialog box.  There are only 3 amp models available.  I have it connected directly to the Mac right now, so you know. 

I must admit, I'm pretty frustrated.  My studio is how I make a living, and I use the plugins all the time because I'm very familiar with Pod software and tones.  Running my legitimate and authorized copy of this software from another user account on the same machine (my MacPro, the DAW for my studio). should not result in being unable to use the software any more. I obviously don't know the technicalities on how your Line 6 software/hardware authorizations work, but as far as I can tell, this problem is either the result of an error in my user account in your database, or an error in your software while programming my hardware. or both.  Either way, my device works on other machines, just not on the one machine that I need it to.

As you can see in my account, I've been a customer for many years, and I have bought many of your products.  Please help.  If my TonePort cannot be authorized for this computer, I feel it would only be fair to either replace it, or provide me with an iLok license.  Ultimately, all I care about it being able to use your products on my DAW once again. 

Wayne

by SeerGuitar on 2011-09-16 10:58:01

Hello??  Is Line 6 really going to leave me high and dry on this? 

RE: Locked out of Pod Farm 2 on my Mac ONLY
by Line6Don on 2011-09-19 14:35:09

Hey SeerGuitar,

I would suggest repairing your disc permissions, to do so:

Open the disc utility program located within your utilities folder, select your primary hard drive, and repair disc permissions. Restart the computer.

If you still receiving a message saying that it has found a active POD Farm 2 license on your hardware and that you need to use License Manager to authorize it, this could be related to an Admin Problem in OSX.

Try this:

Go to Macintosh HD>Computer Name>Library>Application Support>Line 6

Is the folder empty?

If so, Control or Right Click inside the folder and select Get Info.

In the Dialogue Box select Sharing and Permissions and Make Sure the folder is set to Read and Write NOT Read Only.

Now Create a Folder Called GuitarPort inside the Line6 Folder, if it does not already exist.

Then you will need to close all open applications then use the License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your device. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

by Line6david on 2011-09-22 16:32:48

Hello,

It has been at least 48 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support ticket. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.