These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Expression pedal will not sweep in calibration
by BeezyBaby42 on 2011-09-11 11:57:14

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my expression pedal.

In calibration, after tapping the C switch, sweeping the pedal has no effect on the number displayed. I've tried recalibrating several times as well as reflashing to the current firmware and it still has the same problem.

At this point, I'm guessing it's a hardware issue and there's nothing I can do about it, but I thought I would ask first. This was a new unit that I just got yesterday, and I'm not looking forward to having to drive an hour and a half back to Guitar Center to exchange it.

Re: Expression pedal will not sweep in calibration
by ozbadman on 2011-09-11 15:11:31

Which POD do you have?

by BeezyBaby42 on 2011-09-11 15:40:36

It's the HD500.

RE: Expression pedal will not sweep in calibration
by Line6Don on 2011-09-14 09:59:48

Hey BeezyBaby42,

Make sure you have installed the latest flash memory v1.31 for the POD HD500 using the latest version of Line 6 Monkey 1.41.

Once the you have the flash memory is successfully been updated, go through the pedal calibration procedure found below:

First thing to do is perform a Global Reset on the POD HD500. You can reset the global setup options which includes resetting the Setlist names and pedal calibration by powering on the POD HD500 while holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button while plugging in the power supply to the POD. Let the unit finishing turning on, wait 10 seconds then power unit down once again.

Hold the down the RIGHT ARROW button on the 4 Way Nav Pad while powering the unit on, until you see the “Test Mode” screen (Pedal Cal, etc.), and then proceed with the steps below:

1. If not already selected, use on the 4 Way Nav Pad to select “Pedal Cal,” as shown above.

2. Press the VIEW button.

3. Set the pedal to the minimum “heel” position, then press the A footswitch to set a value for the Duty Cycle. You’ll see the value set to “100.”

4. Set the pedal to the maximum “toe” position, then press the B footswitch to set a value for the Duty Cycle. Again, you’ll see the value set to “100,” as in step 3.

5. Press the C footswitch to prepare for automatic selection of the Scaled Pedal Value and move the pedal from min. to max. You should see the Scaled Pedal Values read “0” at the heel position and “255” and the toe position. If you get values other than 0 and 255, power off and repeat these steps, starting at step 1.

6. Press the D footswitch to save the settings. You’ll be returned to the Test Mode screen and the Pedal Cal item will show a “P” to indicated that the pedal calibration is complete! Power your device off and back on again to start using it.

by Luke_Bartley on 2011-10-17 20:25:19

I've got this same issue here.....the "Global Reset" as quoted above in Line6Don's post does nothing for me at all, so no help there.

UPDATE:  Seeing this is the first day I've had with the HD500 I've returned it for a clean swap at the dealer I bought it from.  I showed them the how the calibration didn't work, they checked the firmware, and conceded I shouldn't have to waste anymore time not playing the thing and I got a freshy.  That is how faulty gear should be handled. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.