These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

HUGE PROBLEM WITH SPIDER 4 75 WATT AMP
by JediPirate on 2011-09-11 14:49:51

As the title says it, I'm having a HUGE PROBLEM with my amp.  It keeps turning off and on, off and on, off and on, off and on... and it keeps going.  When it does finally work, the presets start mixing around by themselves.  I'll be sitting there jamming it up, and then it changes on its own.  then it continues, adjusting the elay.. by itself.  Adjusting the wah... by itself.  Changing the channels.. by themselves.. then the led lights start blinking, not the tap button, every light that is lit up starts to blink and starts to dim.  Even the orange display begins to dim, continuing to change my amp around like some maniac is controlling it, then ultimately, beging the turning on and off cycle, and then repeats again.  I don't know what is wrong with this amp, but it is VERY frustrating! I've already updated it to the max, wiped EVERYTHING, then updated again.  It happened again, so I reset everything, replaced guitar cable, and still the same thing.  My friend has the same amp as I did, I used his power calbe, and the same thing happened.  I don't know what to do.  Thanks for reading all this if you did.     

tl;dr:  My amp is going crazy as hell, and I can't do anything to fix it

Re: HUGE PROBLEM WITH SPIDER 4 75 WATT AMP
by fflbrgst on 2011-09-12 05:38:19

Did you try a factory reset?  (Hold the 'A' channel button in while powering up the amp.)  If so, and it keeps happening, I would say get the amp to a factory service center.

by JediPirate on 2011-09-14 00:50:11

Yep, I tried that too.  I've done pretty much anything I can think of, but it's still not working.  Once the lights start blinking I lose, and just have to turn the amp off for the day rendering it useless.  Thanks alot for a reply

by fflbrgst on 2011-09-14 06:26:30

Have you done a firmware update (using an FBV pedal to connect the amp via USB)?

by JediPirate on 2011-09-23 15:05:14

Yep, I've had them updated already to the max.  I have no idea what to do now :/

by fflbrgst on 2011-09-24 04:42:49

One more shot - try a factory reset with no FBV pedal attached (could be the pedal or cable problem).  If that doesn't work, you're going to need to take it to a factory service center.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.