These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Question on Outputs
by mandolinmike on 2011-09-18 04:30:40

Hi All-  I was wondering if it's possible to control the 1/4" outs with the foot controller on X3 Live?  I use the xlr outs to the board, but it would be great to also run a powered monitor/amp from the 1/4" outs and control the volume with the foot pedal, and not effect front of house volume.  I know you can control the master volume this way, but I'm not sure if you can control it with the foot pedal. Does this make sense?

Re: Question on Outputs
by silverhead on 2011-09-18 06:20:30

Yes - you can do that. From the manual pages 6-5 and 6-6:

Press and hold the Outputs / Hold for System button for 2 seconds to get to the System page..........

Mstvol (POD X3 Live & POD X3 Pro only) -  choose whether the Master Volume knob will control 1/4-Live Outputs only, XLR Direct Outputs only, or both (All Outputs). When playing on stage with a POD X3 Live, you may find it valuable to have the Master Volume affect your 1/4-inch outs only, so you can tweak on-stage levels as needed without altering the levels that you’re sending to the house sound system.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.